Saturday, July 12, 2008

"A" for Effort?

Although I had EVERY intention of trying to upload this post so that it would show up while I was out of town, I just ran out of time! I DID get the card made before I left . . . does THAT count???

I recently started playing and making butterflies with this Spellbinders die called "Bugs" . . . I really like how the butterflies come out when then are "reverse stenciled." For a tutorial on how I did this, click on the link below:

Reverse Stenciling

This makes card #46 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (there is a link at the right for more info). I swear, it feels like sometimes the only cards I make have butterflies on them!! I still have 58 more to go . . .

I also did a two-fer card as far as SCS challenges go on this one. CC174 - Groovy Guava, Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip; and SC184.

I stopped on my way home from river rafting by Jackson Hole at our family's condo in Bear Lake. I think I am trying to have WAY too much fun this summer! I'll only be here 'til tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon, then I'm back home again . . . 'til next weekend!! It sure is making the summer fly by!!

Be sure to check out the butterflies on Donya's blog today! Can't wait to get my hands on THOSE!!

Puckish by Donya Schroeder

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Fancy Flexible Phrases, Twill bg
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Ink: Barely Banana, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Spellbinders S4008 Bugs die, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, large and small oval punches, horizontal slot punch, dimensionals

2 comments:

Wendalyn said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors...

KOstvig said...

gorgeous card wendy love the butterflies...and I'll have to check out that tutorial