Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Honorable Mention . . . Not Bad!!!!

I was soooo excited when I discovered this morning that a project I submitted to Papertrey for their Guest Star Stamper contest for July had received an honorable mention! Wahoo!!!! I had almost decided NOT to enter this month, as I have been out of town so much and I literally had less than 5 minutes left before the deadline to upload my project onto their website after I had finished it!! Soooo glad I did!

I have been meaning to do a gift like this project for my niece, Gwen, who just got married on May 27. When I saw the Boards and Beams stamp set, I knew that I had found what I needed to complete it (just had to find the TIME to do so!!).

I used my large scallop rectangle Nestabilies to create a mat. Basically, I just took one of the rectangles, started on one end of the Brocade Blue cardstock I had chosen to mat the project, and just kept sliding the die over after each cut with the Wizard, until I had created a large rectangle "hole" for the mat. I then stamped it with the Polka Dot Basics stamp set (also by Papertrey). Nothing else really tricky about this little housewarming gift. The only sad thing was that I lost the little "8" stamp from my Simple Alphabet set (another shout out to PTI!!) after I had stamped everything. It was only when I was cleaning up my "creative" mess that I discovered it missing!! (Insert frowny face here!!)

I'm headed out of town, yet again, to pick up my 17 year old son in Nauvoo, Illinois. He has been playing the bagpipes for a church pageant there for nearly three weeks. I am really excited to go and see him perform and to have a nice, long, cross-country drive (just like the ones my family used to take when I was a little girl). I have some fun books to listen to, a portable DVD player, and of course, my favorite pillow, so I should be all SET!!

I do have a project I am going to try and post while I am on the road at some point. I'll cross my fingers and hope it works!!

Stamps: Boards and Beams, Polka Dot Basics, Simple Alphabet - all by Papertrey; Rough Texture jumbo wheel by SU
Paper: Brocade Blue, Red Riding Hood, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondak by Ranger, assorted Copic Markers, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue
Accessories: Large Scallop Rectangle Nestablities, red stitched ribbon by Offray, large oval punch by SU, Stamped Cricut Cartridge

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your frame is just beautiful Wendy!! Congrats on the HM!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wendy. The frame project is so cute. Gwen will love receiving the gift.

Have a safe drive to Il. The trip and seeing your son play the bagpipes sounds like a lot of fun.

Wouldn't a Scottish theme stamp set (bagpipe player, bagpipes, sham, a bonnie las dancing, and plaid cape thing)be great? It would go with a golf theme, too.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! You are such a doll, and so talented. I'm sure there are many more honorable mentions in your future!! You are one very talented young lady. Linda Duke

Anonymous said...

Wendela you are just rockin' and rollin' girl. The recognition is well deserved.

Have a safe trip,enjoy your family time and I will be checking in from time to time.

Miss you and love you,

Debbie/Tawanda

Myrnabs said...

OMG!! Wendy! You've done so well!! I always knew you would!! Your talent speaks for itself. I'm still waiting to see you on that dirty dozen, but I'm sure one of these days!! I hope you've been doing fine. I haven't heard from u in a while. Take care, and congratulations on all your success!!

marianne walker said...

Wendy,

I just nominated you for an award- go visit my blog to get it!

marianne