Friday, August 22, 2008

One Year of Butterflies and Good News!!

I absolutely cannot believe that this card officially marks one year of making butterfly cards for my "Follow the Butterfly" cards!! Butterfly #52!!! (See the link on the sidebar if you are confused!!) The scary part is, I have not used the same butterfly twice, and I don't look to be doing so any time soon (as I still have one more year to go!)!! The time has really gone by much more quickly than I ever would have expected!!

It is hard to tell from this photo, but it is a rather unique fold. Kind of a open-up-from-the-top-and-bottom sort of card. The Pink Pirouette flap is 3 1/4" wide (it opens down), and the Pacific Point flap is 3" wide (it opens up). I adhered both pieces to the back of the Kiwi Kiss piece via a 3/4" tab/flap. I hope this makes sense. After you fold the pink piece down, you can write whatever message you want on the Kiwi Kiss cardstock (I actually cut a rectangle slightly small that the pink piece out of Whisper White and stuck it down on top of the Kiwi piece so that the writing was easier to see. I have found that this is more and more important as my eyes get, um, older!) I got this idea from a swap card done by my good friend Cheryl (hey, girlfriend!). I'm always on the lookout for fun and funky folds, so this was right up my alley!!

As much as I had planned NOT to like SU's new In Colors, I have found myself drawn to them more and more (as you can tell from this post and the previous post)! Actually, my last card, done for SC190, used Pumpkin Pie instead of Tangerine Tango, AND I used both Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive. But Pacific Point is quickly moving up the scale as one of my favorite colors!

Stamps: Kind Thoughts, Linen bg
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Pacific Point
Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Paper piercing tool/mat, scallop border punch, filigree and rhinestone brads, dimensionals

And now I have some very EXCITING news!! I was asked by my good friend, Jessica Knutsen, to be a member of the design team for her BRAND NEW stamp company - THERE SHE GOES!! You are DEFINITELY going to want to sneak on over to her blog today to check out her AWESOME stamp sets AND to get in on the last day of preorders for them (which will be "officially" released on September 1). The cool thing about the preorder is that you get special pricing! Excellent! Who doesn't love THAT??? It's going to be great fun playing with some fun, new images, so I hope y'all will stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

It's been a year already?? I can't wait to see what you will do with my butterfly set! So cool... we are all going to have so much fun together!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful creation!
Those colors are so pretty!!

I'm so happy to get to know you. Can't wait for having some fun!!

Anonymous said...

OK, so YOU are the Mom of the GREAT stamper DD that hosted the challenge... I'm SO excited to see what you do with these stamps, as an Apple doesn't fall far from the tree... LOL

Jessica is SO pumped by the Super stars she has on her DT and Who can blame her, AWESOME Stamps deserve an AWESOME DT... I cant wait to see what you guys make for me to oogle over... LOL

KelliJo

The Country Rose said...

Congrats to you! Wanted to say that your card is just lovely :) !