Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Did It Go??

I honestly can't believe that summer is nearly OVER!! The kids start school two weeks from today. YIKES!! This has been, without a doubt, the fastest, most crazy, and most travelled summer I have EVER experienced!! What an absolute tornado!!! But, I digress . . .

I tried something totally new yesterday. For TLC181, the challenge was to do a "stained glass" front on your creation. Truth be told I didn't have all the proper "tools" for the job. What???? Can that be right???? Actually, the technique calls for you to stamp an image in StazOn ink (which I do have) onto a piece of acetate (also had that!). Then, using a few drops of Crystal Effects mixed with a little reinker (colors of your choice!), you "paint" the back of the acetate with your new concoction, filling in the lines and creating a beautiful stained glass window. Although I DO have some Crystal Effects, the substance in the bottle was kinda yellow and super thick, so it wasn't going to work for me!! I ended up cheating a bit and using my Copics to color the image in.

I placed a HUGE order with Stampin' Up yesterday, as it was the first day we were allowed to order from the new Fall/Winter catalog (can anyone say $$$???)!! I actually DID remember to order myself some new CE, so I need to try this technique again!!

I love using my Nestabilities to create a "frame." I do it quite often, but not usually with one this big. Makes a great window, don't you think? I placed the pink mat behind the acetate, so you can actually see more of the image that way. And, I borrowed a cute little idea from Nichole Heady of Papertrey . . . I stamped a row of polka dots and bordered it, top and bottom, with a couple of little score lines using my ever-trusty Scor-Pal. Cute, eh? For those who are counting, this makes "Follow the Butterflies" challenge card #51 (see link at right for more info).

I'm off to Girl's Camp a little later today, and won't be back 'til Friday afternoon. I'll post something new then!

Stamps: Doodlewings by Stampendous, Polka Dot Basics by Papertrey
Paper: Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Pixie Pink, Acetate
Ink: Black Stazon, Whisper White, various Copic markers
Accessories: Nestabiliites scallop rectangle, Three for You punch, white brads, pink gingham ribbon by Offray, Scor-Pal

1 comment:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

That butterfly is gogeous Wendy! I just may have some butterflies for you soon ;)