Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Couple Challenge Cards . . .

I'm still floating around on Cloud 9 somewhere . . . and I have to say a HUGE THANKS for all the lovely comments from EVERYONE about my room! You are have NO idea how much I have appreciated them!!! I'm sure it while be QUITE a while before I come down!!

I did this card for SC224 AND as card #86 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge. (For those of you new around here, all the info about that is in a link on the right-hand side of my blog here, AND there is a slideshow of the cards I have done up to this point.)

I thought that this color combo was SO fresh and springy (even though it has been snowing here since yesterday . . . again!) And that fun bow!! There is a great tutorial on making these bows on my talented friend Kittie's blog (kittie747 on SCS). I've been tying bows similar to this for YEARS as I made TONS of them for my daughter's hair when she was little (and I sold TONS of 'em to friends and neighbors, too!)! Never THOUGHT to put 'em on a card 'til I saw Kittie's tutorial. Here's a link for y'all:

Kittie's Bow-Tying Tutorial

Stamps: Flourishes Butterfly Moments, Great Friend
Paper: Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Rockabilly dsp
Ink: Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Accessories: Top Note Bigz Die, round tab punch, Cuttlebug tiny bubble embossing folder, polka dot organza ribbon, fire circle rhinestone brads, paper piercing tool and mat

And here is one more challenge card that I did on last Monday for the technique challenge - TLC216 - stamping on the inside of soda pop cans! What fun! The only problem I had with this is that I should have bent the can out in the opposite direction more before I stuck the rose down on my card. It kept trying to curl up, so I had to take it off and bend it back!! ZOINKS!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Great Friend
Paper: Always Artichoke, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Soda pop can, Matchbox Bigz Die, Manhattan Flower impressions folder, moss organza ribbon, dimensionals, sanding block, paper distressing tool, Crystal Ice Stickles, horizontal slot punch

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hi,

Thought you might want to know that the link to the ribbon tying tutorial over on KittieKraft blog is broken. It is possible to find it from the typepad broken notice if you search around a bit so not a major problem.

Love the color and the feel of this lovely card. The butterfly looks as if it should have a fairy riding on it's back like images from old hand colored illustrations in old books of fairy tales.

Thanks for sharing and I'm still drooling over your lovely room (my cats are getting quite disgusted! - lol).

Hugs and blessings and yes all my friends at SU are in my prayers as is our country.

- Jean