Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Exciting, Exciting, Exciting!!

Sorry for the long absence. I went out of town last Friday for my niece's wedding and haven't had a chance to post anything . . .

First, I have some TOTALLY exciting news (hence, the title of this post!)!!! I was chosen to be a Guest Designer for Our Daily Bread Designs for August!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!! I found out at about 4:00 a.m. on Saturday while I was cruising the 'net at the hotel . . . hard to sleep with a semi-snoring mom in one bed and a 15-year-old daughter with arms and legs in every direction right beside me!!! I wanted to wait to announce the news when I actually had a card or something I could share with you! I can't wait to get my hands on some of the ODBD stamps . . . they are so lovely and uplifting . . . :)

This is Butterfly #98 . . . can you believe it??!!??? NINETY-EIGHT!! We are nearing the end, my friends. Although I am seriously contemplating continuing the challenge on a less-frequent basis. What do you think? I've been having waaaayyyy too much fun with it! Don't feel quite ready to relinquish my "Butterfly Queen" crown just yet.

I used many-o'-Spellbinders die on this baby (check supply list below). I also tried the reverse stenciling technique with the Pierceabilities border die. SHAZAM!!! I think this looks AWESOME (even if it is messy!). Here is a link I did forEVUH ago on how to do reverse stenciling:

Reverse Stenciling Tutorial

Stamps: NONE (can you believe it??)
Ink: Basic Black craft
Paper: Basic Black and Whisper White by SU; Light Berry Red and Dark Meri-Gold by WorldWin
Accessories: Spellbinders Flying Beauties (S4-123), Victorian Lace Border Pierceability (S4-167) and Antique Bookplate (S3-009), Piercing Tool/Mat, Glue Dots and Pop-Up Glue Dots





Last, but not least, I wanted to share this photo of my daughter and my niece from the wedding (Amelia was the flower girl . . . even though she is 15!). I took over 300 photos and this is my favorite one . . .

4 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty, Wendy! Love the mix of colors!! Welcome to ODBD too! You are gonna have fun!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Congrats girlie. I can't wait to see what you create for them!

What a beautiful bride and an equally beautiful daughter!!! She looks a lot younger than 15, but don't tell her I said that...she'd be mad....lol

TN Granny said...

Wendy, I love all your butterfly cards and I definately love your blog so I have an award for you it's called the Kreativ Award and you need to come to my site to pick it up.
Love ya,
Jeanine
blstamper.blogspot.com

Terry Molineux said...

Wendy congrats on your guest appearance....way cool!

Wow what a beautiful bride! She looked gorgeous...how about some more photos I love wedding pictures.

Your daughter is so cute and I wouldn't take her for a day over 12....wow she'll appreciate that when she gets older.