Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where'd I Go????

Sorry for the long delay in posting . . . I have been out of town for a church youth retreat since Monday. I had so much to do before leaving that I didn't get time to put up my blog post, so I have some catching up to do!! (The retreat was GREAT fun, btw!)

Roxie Glaza (aka Rox71 on SCS) made this drop-dead GORGEOUS card last week for WT227 last week ("Seeing Double"). Roxie hostesses the sketch challenges every Wednesday and I have long been an admirer of her work:

Roxie's "Seeing Double

I knew IMMEDIATELY I wanted to try to make something like this, and what you see here is my not-quite-as-fabulous attempt. Her card was soooo pretty, and I had envisioned this to come out SO much cooler than it did . . . guess I need to practice!! Guess it didn't help that I did it for LSC229, which was to use either our high school colors (royal blue and yellow gold - fuhgetaboutit!) or our wedding colors (and mine were black and rose reddish).

I think I may have to try this a few more times before I come up with something I REALLY like!!

Stamps: Autumn Days, Great Friend, Wonderful Watercolors
Paper: Basic Black, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Photo turns, black polka dot organza ribbon, diamond scallop edge punch by EK Success, Spellbinders Labels One (S4-181)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the masked and sponged image!!! Beautiful colors!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm not sure what you were trying for but I think the results of this card are wonderful! I want to give something like that a try.