Friday, July 24, 2009

Spread Your Wings by There She Goes

I have slowly, yet proudly, accepted my title as "Butterfly Queen" over the past couple of years (I have been DEFINITELY called worse!!). My good friend, Jessica Knutsen, happened to be in Evanston over the July 4th holiday visiting family, and she made the "swing" down to Salt Lake City to pay me a visit. Imagine my delight when she handed me this yet-to-be-released set of WONDERFUL butterfly stamps!!! She said, "I know you are the Butterfly Queen and there is NO WAY I could have come all this way without bringing this to you!"

I was also very pleased when she asked me to make a Guest Designer "reappearance" for its release (I was on the TSG Design Team when Jessica first launched it last fall). Not want to play with butterflies??? ME!!???? NOT possible!!

This set it just brimming with gorgeous butterflies and lovely sentiments to go along with them!! And this first card is just going to HAVE to be my "Follow the Butterfles" card #101! Which puts me a little ahead of the game since I didn't actually need to make one 'til NEXT week!! HUZZAH!! (And notice the little butterflies embossed onto the ribbon??? Too-too cute!!) For more info you can see the link/slideshows on the sidebar to the right . . .)

Stamps: Spread Your Wings by There She Goes
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White
Accessories: Spellbinders Long Rectangle - Large Nestabilities (S4-142) and Long Scalloped Rectangle - Large Nestabiliies (S4-143), Diamond Scallop edge punch by EK Success, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, white butterfly organza ribbon, pop-up glue dots

I wasn't planning on making TWO cards for this sneak peek, but I got this MUI-MUI FABULOUS-O paper yesterday and couldn't WAIT to use it!! I stamped the butterfly with black craft ink onto vellum, then used my brayer to color the vellum with my pumpkin pie ink.

So here I go again with the black/white thing (oh, I crack myself up!! "Here I go with 'There She Goes'!"). I gotta get a new color scheme . . . QUICK!!


Stamps: Spread Your Wings by There She Goes
Ink: Black Craft
Paper: Groom Speciality Paper by Stampin' Up, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, modern label punch, large oval punch, white polka dot organza ribbon (May Arts), glue dots

Now, to see ALL the fun creations on this Sneak Peek, here is a blog roll to the other There She Goes "Trendsetters" . . . you are going to NEED this set . . . you KNOW you are!!

Jessica
Becky
Christi
Faith
Holly
Jessie
Joanne
Jodi
Julie
Maki
Silke

ME - (Guess I don't need to give you a link 'cause you're already HERE!)

28 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both fabulous!! Love them!! Welcome back!!

Julie said...

Wendy! These are gorgeous! So glad to have you back! :)

Theresa said...

Lovely cards!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job butterfly queen :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey - GF!!! Welcome as our Guest Trendsetter :)!!!

Your cards are gorgeous - Wendy!!! Love the different look!!! Hugs ~S~

akagreenhouse said...

Both cards are gorgeous! But I love a black and white card! They are just so elegant!

Becky Carafa said...

They are both so beautiful!

Steph said...

Just gorgeous! the embossed butterflies on the ribbon is perfect!
this is my first visit to your blog, you're work is beautiful!
TFS :)

Christi Flores said...

OMG! That dp on the second card is amazing!! I love them both! You are definitely the butterfly queen! :)

Tracey said...

Stunning cards!!

Unknown said...

Woohoo, welcome back Wendy!!
Love your cards! They are absolutely gorgeous!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

loving those butterflies

Lisa H. said...

these are so stinkin' cute! love 'em both. congrats on the GDT spot.

Katie Cotton said...

i love the borders on your first card but OMG the 2nd card is fantabulous!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Oh wow, beautiful cards!

Betty Wright said...

Both are fabulous, Wendy!!! Great colors and detailing on both!!! Terrific card!!!

Carolina said...

Beautiful cards Wendy!!! You made such adorable cards with this set!!!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, Butterfly Queen for sure! Love both of your cards! I can see why you had to make a second card, that paper is amazing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You must have been in butterfly heaven when stamping these cards!! They are both gorgeous. I love the shimmer of the second and the colors and layout of the first!! I love butterflies too and just may have to break down and buy this gorgeous set.
blessings,
Chris

None None said...

GORGEOUS!!!! You are truly the queen of butterflies! I love the details you added esp. the butterflies on the ribbon. I'm blown away.

Linda said...

WOW you have sure made some stunning cards....love both of them!!

Harriet said...

This set is gorgeous....and you have made beautiful cards

k prakken said...

Lovely cards. I love the black and white one. Stunning.

Diane said...

Both cards are beautiful. Welcome back!

margaret said...

Those cards are lovely! I like those butterfly stamps from that set.

Cathy said...

love your cards, they are both fabulous. I love the butterfly set. Glad to have you back. Lovely cards.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I can see why you have been "crowned" the Butterfly queen!! Love both the cards they are just stunning!! (Now I gotta get me some of that SU paper now!!)

Hugs

~Spike

Anonymous said...

Love all of your cards. Great color combinations. You have a lot of talent