Thursday, November 5, 2020

Fab Friday #201

Sadly, I missed the last Fab Friday Stampin' Challenge ... our 200th!! Sigh ... sometimes I just get so busy that I forget where I am and what I am supposed to be doing.  To be honest, that is what happened to me last go 'round! I ended up going with my hubby, my son, his buddy and his girlfriend back down to Rockville, Utah (by Zion National Park). It was glorious and relaxing and a much-needed walkaway from the world for a while. I skinned my knees pretty good on one of the hikes we did, but wouldn't change the experience for anything! I LOVE the outdoors, especially with people who mean so much to me.

I think that the whole election this year has exhausted me (as it has every one). Doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you are, there is nasty and name-calling and better-than-you assumptions being leveled at every side.  I believe that the vast majority of Americans are good and kind and just wanting the country to be on the same page with itself ... and that is what I am hoping happens by the time all is said and done.  I've always been a true believe of "love one another' ... and I believe we will get back to some point of that before too very long. 

So as I sat down to make this card I was feeling very uninspired ... too drained from what has been happening in our country, our world ... and then I was reminded by a dear friend of mine who had posted this on his FB page - "Plot twist: 2020 has actually been the best year of your life. You've faced challenge after challenge, you've adapted, and you've overcome. 2020 has forced you to grow exponentially. Don't take that for granted." Pretty profound, eh??? I choose to try to face the coming days with this in mind as I get out of bed ... we can do hard things and come out stronger at the other end.  Just keep on being YOU ... the world will follow behind!

With all that deep thinking, I finally was able to clear my mind and make this card for the Fab Friday Stampin' Challenge ... and then I went and took my doggie for a walk, came home and add a delicious chocolate caramel apple made for me by my sweet friend, Cheryl.   We are good, you guys ... don't let what you see on the news every day change your mind about that!

Stamps: Monogram Messages
Paper: Whisper White, Petal Pink, In Good Taste DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, Good Taste Elements, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Trio Corner Punch, Metallic Pearls, Stitched So Sweetly Dies








I couldn't stop myself from doing a "more-is-more" version of this fun sketch!












Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so that you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Mindy Backes
Heather Heroldt
Brian King
Amy Koenders
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers

My sweet mama had her 85th birthday on Tuesday.  With her officially being on hospice, there is a very good chance that she may not be around to celebrate another birthday.  We had a small group of family get together to give her a surprise birthday dinner.  It was lovely ... the look of love and joy she glowed with all night were worth the effort ... and lasted clear into the next day. Her day nurse called me after her visit and said, "Your mom was just so SO happy today!" I knew why .... and my heart was smiling.
photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: