Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Around the World on Wednesday - Rainbow Monochrome Challenge


Lookie what is happening here TODAY!! I was asked (along with a few of my other Control 
Freak Blog-Hopping Friends) to join in on the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop.  We really ARE hopping all around the world ... follow the links and you will see!  I feel so honored to have been asked to play along with their challenge this month.  Check it out!!

Based on our time zones, we were each assigned a "rainbow" color and asked to make a monochrome creation with it (basic colors were ok to add ... hence my black and white accents).  Based on my location, I was in the "Yellow Zone". I love me some yellow, so it was fun and each to come up with something so that I could play along!

I love that it is spring time.  Flowers are starting to peep up everywhere ... and I LOVE it!! I think I have finally given in to the fact that daisies have long been my favorite flower.  They are so happy, aren't they?? (And YES ... I do agree with Meg Ryan's assessment from "You've Got Mail" ... "Don't you think daisies are the happiest flower?" Why YES I DO!) I combined some old and new things on this card, and I really like how it turned out. It also has reminded me that I need to get working on my garden PRONTO!!

Stamps: Pansy Patch (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Black Memento
Accessories: Small Daisy Punch, Scalloped Contours Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies,Ornate Frames Dies, Circles Dies, Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon, Painted Textured 3D Embossing Folder, Stapler

I shall be heading up to my BFF Bree's place this weekend with my OTHER BFF Cheryl to participate in Stampin' Up's OnTour Virtual Event.  We shall eat, stamp, laugh and learn. SO blessed to have the friends in my life that have come into it because of my love for paper crafting. VERY blessed indeed!!

Next up??? We are heading north of the US border to Canada and the talent of  Elaine de Montmoreency! A-MAZ-ING is all I have to say!!

5 comments:

Aurélie said...

I like ! It's bright!

Jan Clothier said...

Very funky design! I like the many-layered sentiment you've created.

Teri West said...

Lovely card Wendy!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love your bright and cheerful card! Yes, daisies are very happy flowers!

Angie McKenzie said...

Absolutely LOVE this, Wendy! I adore the movie and the quote about the daisy - I couldn't agree more. Love all the details and layering. Thanks so much for joining us on the AWOW Blog Hop - it has been such a pleasure to hop with you! x