Saturday, February 19, 2022

Control Freaks and F*R*I*E*N*D*S






It's easy to be inspired to make something for F*R*I*E*N*D*S along with my fellow Control Freaks, as I consider myself very fortunate to have them as my personal friends!  Deb Henderson made a LOVELY "friend"ly creation (I particularly like her color scheme!)! Awesome!


<
This little girl "Catching Butterflies" makes me think of all things light and wonderful about friendship. Whimsical, happy ... I just love her! And I also have a thing for monarch butterflies, as I grew up in California and they were almost exclusively the butterflies we saw the most.  Used my Stampin' Blends to color her because I really want her to jump off the page ... what do you think??

Stamps: Catching Butterflies, Birch
Paper: Whisper White, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark, Black StazOn; Stampin' Blends - Soft Suede (dark), Daffodil Delight (light), Petal Pink (dark and light), Highland Heather (dark and light), Pool Party (light), Balmy Blue (light)
Accessories: Scalloped Contours Dies, Basic Borders Dies, White Embossing Powder, Crumb Cake Baker's Twine





I always use a little Pool Party and/or Balmy Blue to add some "shadows" to my colored images.  Just a little bit outside the lines on one side of the image add a LOT of dimension!


Next up? Melissa Davies! She has a LOVELY monochromatic "friendly" card that will knock your socks off!

photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: