Friday, May 16, 2008

Caught Another Butterfly!

I'm trying to "catch up" for all of the days that passed over the last two weeks where I DIDN'T post a card. Here is card #38 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (see the sidebar for a link to more info, or the slideshow of butterfly cards already done!)

I saw the GREATEST card on Lauren Meader's blog last week . . . so I decided to do my own take on it. I should just leave this one to her, as hers totally rocked the SOCKS off of mine!! I did this for CC166, again trying to step out of my "color box" . . . not sure I love the results, but I DO love Lauren's idea, and plan to try it again soon when I can spend more time making it fabulous! Here is a link to her card:

Lauren's Card

You can see from her photo how the card is folded up from the bottom, and then the butterfly is cut (using an Xacto or craft blade) just around the top edge to make it look almost 3-dimensional.

I also pulled out my reinkers and blender pens to make this work with TLC168 - watercoloring AND heat embossing.

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Butterflies (Stampendous), In the Stars (sentimet)
Paper: Ruby Red, Shimmery White, Soft Sky
Ink: Basic Black craft and classic, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky
Accessories: Rustic Retreat ribbon, iridescent ice embossing powder, notched corner punch, glue dots, exacto razor

1 comment:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Just fabulous! Love the creaitve colors you chose as well!!!