Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blackboards to Share...

Every year during Convention, my friends and I each pick a day to be our day for surprises (since there are four of us and four days of Convention this works out rather conveniently!). So every day is full of presents ... darling altered gifts and treats and drinks to admire and munch and drink throughout the day. Pretty darn cool, eh?

Having come straight from a 4-day river trip into Convention week, I was a bit overwhelmed on what to do this year. Not because I didn't have any ideas, but because I didn't have any TIME!! My husband was very baffled by me last week. My "day" to bring presents and treats was Saturday (the last day of Convention). I got up VERY early to work on what I had planned to bring. But, not early enough!! As it was I ended up coming home for a little over an hour after the morning session so I could finish my projects. My husband was talking to me on the phone and said, "Let me get this straight ... you LEFT a stamping convention to go home and STAMP??!!??" I'm not sayin' it made any sense, but that is exactly what I did!!

This was the biggest/bestest part of what I did (I filled a little plastic test tube with goodies and tied it up with ribbon and - what else? - a butterfly ... I was too far behind to alter anything else, but I did bring them a pack of gum and a water bottle, too!). Remember the old ATC chipboard books that SU used to sell? These be they ... I altered an idea I had seen where two long-tall pieces of chipboard were covered in patterned paper and chalkboard Decor Elements sheets and made into little sandwich-board-style stands. They were joined at the top with a couple of jumbo eyelets and some ribbon. I decided to leave these little ATC books intact so that my friends could fill 'em up with photos or notes .... stinkin' ca-YOOT, eh??? (and, of course, I can't resist that new Butterfly Prints stamp set ... it has fast become a classic/fave of mine!).


And because I have been asked about my trip, here is a photo of me and my sweetheart. I can't decide if my hair looks like Pebbles Flintstone's or Sarah Palin's ... probably a cross between the two - which is kinda scary (the only thing missin' is a little dino bone in the pony tail to hold it all together)!! It was a wonderful trip with good friends and beautiful scenery ... something we enjoy doing as often as we can get the opportunity.


My daughter took this panoramic photo along the way ... GAWJUS, right??? (If ya click on it it will get much mo' biggah and you can appreciate it more!) I really enjoy being out of doors (and was happy to find on this trip that if I buy expensive-enough sunscreen that I will NOT have an allergic reaction - don't ask ...). I'm thrilled that we live close enough to such glorious places that we can enjoy them without having to drive TOO far away!!


Jan and I stamped as much as we could while she was here (although I have to admit that sometimes I just WATCHED her stamp 'cause I was too tired to think ... that woman is a MACHINE, baby!! She can stamp through ANY amount of sleepiness, pretty much!) I have a purdiful card to share with you, so stay tuned ...

Stamps: Butterfly Prints, Cute By the Inch
Paper: Play Date DSP, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Chalkboard Decor Elements Sheets, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Accessories: 1 1/4" Square Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Itty BItty Punch (circle), 1/4" Circle Punch, Butterfly Punch, Silver Brads, Eyelet Border Punch, 5/8" Old Olive and Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon

5 comments:

Vicki G said...

Sweet Project! Wendy, you look great and that photograph is BREATHTAKING. Hope you are well and I SO miss our chats!

Hugs

Vicki

Created by Kath said...

Fun project! So what city do you live in? I'm in Utah County.

Pinky Roth said...

Wendy, I wish I could have met you as this was my first convention and I had a blast!

Kimberly S. said...

I LOVE this project!!! SO cute!!! Love the pics too! You're adorable!!

Pam said...

ya-ba-dab-a-zozza!!! Totally cool cards!!! I've got to stay off the 3 blogs I keep up with because I love everything you do and everything you do it with, so if I don't watch out I'm gonna go broke!!!