Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lovin' My "Groovy Grape" ...

... and it's all my BFF Cheryl's fault!! When SU announced all their new colors a few months back, we were all havin' a hard time remembering the names of them (especially since we didn't actually have any of them yet!!)! Anyway, Cheryl was having a brain block on the name of the new purple color ... she kept referring to it as "that grape-crush" color ...

So it is HER fault that I can NEVER remember the name of the lovely new Concord Crush cardstock (I have to look it up almost every stinkin' time!!). First thing that comes to my mind?? "Groovy Grape" ... so, I have just decided to succumb to my failing memory and call it what I like. So, it's just always gonna be "Groovy Grape" to me!!

While my OTHER BFF, the infamous JanTink, was staying with me during Convention, she decided she needed to play with my new Aviary stamp set (a set she SWORE she didn't really love, but has since bought due to my evil influences!). She made a card VERY similar to one I had been thinking of in my head ever since getting the stamp set (really...HONEST!). Here is HER card that was the inspiration for mine:

Jan's Awesome Birdcages

Great minds think alike, I guess!!

And I just HAD to use some of my "old" SU stuff to finish this card ... the "Happy Bird Day" sentiment from the Tickled Pink stamp set and some Wild Wasabi striped ribbon ...

Stamps: Aviary, Tickled Pink
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush (aka Groovy Grape), Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Sizzix Birthday Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Wild Wasabi Striped Ribbon, Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

doesn't it make you want some grape crush? Cute card - you make me laugh!

Kim P said...

Groovy Grape is a GREAT name!! Love it! Especially since we had a "crushed" color last year (curry)

Maybe SU should check with you first next time ;)