Friday, August 27, 2010

Whhhoooooo Loves Ya????

Hoot! Hoot!! I really stepped out of my comfort zone today with the little bit of Tempting Turquoise that I added to my peek-a-boo owl. I have seen several cards since Convention where the little owl is peeking out of a hole in a tree. I'm not sure WHOOO to credit for this idea, but I {{{heart}}}} it!!

I'm probably going to go out of town one last time this summer for the weekend (we are probably gonna run up to our family's condo on Bear Lake .... IF I can get it packed and put together after work today!!). Not quite sure where the time has gone this summer, but I guess there's no turning back, right??

Stamps: Woodgrain Background, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Owl Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1" and 3/4" punch, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, Double Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder (for owl's belly), Dimensionals

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the angle of his eyes - very cute owl

Angie said...

Very cute!

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy-
This card is so CUTE! Is the "woodgrain background" a SU! Stamp? I love it! So much to use it for! Any masculine of nature card! Or one with a very blue-eyes owl in it! :)

Great job!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Pam said...

Love the wood grain background.... finally more masculine stamps! Didn't groove on the owl punch, but the more I see of it, the more I think, "I must have it!". I adore this cute little guy...so fun!! Great card, Wendy!!

Bev Gerard said...

Ohhhhhh, what a "hooooot"!
This is just darling, Wendy!

~Bev

Anonymous said...

Wendy, this is a great card! This is the first time I've seen the "hole in the tree trunk" and the thing I love the most is I already have SU's woodgrain background stamp! Now, to get my hands on the owl punch!

Great job!

Bethany

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This card is a HOOT! I Love owls and have one for a mascot on my blog. LOVE the hole in the tree trunk. So cute. Great job.

Kim P said...

Very, very cute!! Love the touch of turquoise!