Friday, November 12, 2010

Silhouettes

Every three weeks I get the opportunity (which I LOVE!) to hostess a challenge over on SCS. To be specific, I hostess the Free for All Challenge on Fridays (it used to be a "Limited Supplies" challenge, but I actually came up with the idea to change it with the other hostess - and I even came up with the name myself!). I have to admit that I was stumped as to what to do this week ...

As I am considering doing SOME sort of silhouette-type of card as my Christmas card this year (still have NO idea what exactly I am gonna do THERE!), I thought it would be fun to do that as this week's challenge - to make a card that featured silhouette-y images. So, there ya have it ...

Still feeling a bit mojo-less as I struggled to put these two samples together ... I'm not sure WHAT my problem is, but I spend a lot of time STARING at my stuff, not sure WHAT to do lately!! Glad I was able to put these samples together, at least. This first one uses the prettiful "Peaceful Season" stamp set ... and the sentiment is too bit for almost ALL the punches I have, so I ended up punching it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and cutting off the top part of the circle ...

Stamps: Peaceful Season
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Accessories: Snowflakes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

And THIS sample was made with my trusty ol' Cricut ... I think the images from the "Child's Year" cartridge are amongst my faves (and I couldn't help pulling out a really OLD stamp set - Cold Play - for the sentiment). It's been sooo cold here this week that I pretty much have snow on the brain (as you can see!).

Stamps: Cold Play
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Scallop Square Bigz Die, Marvy Double Scallop Corner Punch, Decorator Label Punch, Child's Year Cricut Cartridge, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Snowflakes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Happy Weekend, everyone!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love these cards - you are amazing!

Cookie said...

I love the set Peaceful Seasons......where did you get it?

Wendy Weixler said...

Peaceful Seasons is in the current Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalog. It's VERY lovely! ;)