Monday, August 29, 2011

ONE Last One!!

Couldn't resist making ONE last "nautically-themed" card before this stuff is put on the officially-retired list! (Not that I'm NOT gonna use any of it after today!!) My brother in law's birthday is today, and he loves to sail, so I figured this was a perfect match!!

My favorite treatment of this little sailboat has always been to paper piece it. I love how I can change up the color of the sails each and every time, and still have them coming out looking great!!

Stamps: Sail Away, Bring on the Cake
Paper: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Corduroy Button (can't resist using these, even though they retired FOREVER ago!), Large (Wide) Oval Punch, Dimensionals

Had a WONDERFUL birthday weekend!! After my hubby flew up to Bear Lake on Saturday, he decided he'd better get the plane back home, since thunderstorms were on their way (which means he didn't stay with us ... big frowny face!). BUT, when we arrived back home yesterday - the house was clean; there was a two-layer chocolate cake frosted on a pretty plate on the kitchen counter; a dinner of grilled salmon with fresh veggie relish, a garden-fresh salad, delicious cubes of watermelon and honeydew, roasted garlic bread AND, if that weren't enough, HOMEMADE blackberry/raspberry ice cream made with berries from our own garden!! Do I have the BEST husband or WHAT???!!??? Additionally, my aunt and uncle came over with the most BEAUTIFUL basket full of WONDERFUL German goodies (Ritter Sport chocolate bar, German cookies, etc.), some sparkling apple cider, our Oma's FAVORITE dish cloths from Switzerland, a gorgeous scented candle jelly bellies, pistachios, a great new paring knife ... OHMYGOSH!! There was sooo much great stuff in there!!! ANNNNDDDDD ...

My darling son brought me a baseball cap (LOVE those things!!) and a box of chocolates from our favorite little neighborhood chocolate shop (where he also happens to work). Notice the EMPTY box??? (Sorry 'bout that ... I had a hard time waiting to eat them until I could get a photo ... an empty box is as good as I could manage!!) Best. Birthday. EVER!!! Smiley from millan.net

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card!! Love the twine and how you coloured the sailboat! A HUGE congrats to your hubby too!! He gets mega points for that wonderful dinner he put on. The ice cream sounds divine! Glad you had a great time celebrating your day :)

Carol Carriveau said...

Birthday celebrations are meant to last and last - glad yours did! Love the birthday card you created...

AmpleStamper/LexingtonLuralyn said...

Love that stamp and DSP! Love your card...a lot. I am drooling over your description of the meal and all the goodies/nice things your DH did for your birthday. He sounds too good to be true! You are a very lucky (and talented!) lady!

vdoyle8 said...

Happy birthday - and congratulations on marrying so well :-) Great card!

Lynn said...

You DO have the best husband ever!--Does he have an available brother?!

Nanette said...

Beautiful card! Wow...He can cook and clean...I'd say you're husband is definitely a keeper! Can I borrow him to teach my DH? lol

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Yes, you do have the best hubby ever...What a feast!!
And what a gorgeous card...lucky BIL!!!