Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dare to Get Dirty - Origami Diamond Fold

YAY!!! I am finally official enough to be a hostess for the "Dare to Get Dirty" Challenge over on SCS!! What fun!!

I chose to do a "funky fold" ... I LOVES me a good ol' funky fold!! I saw the cutest little card at Stampin' Up Convention with this same fun fold ... and I dissected it and made one of my own!!! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE-HEART-HEART-HEART this!! I wanted to share it with all y'all ... so I did my own little video tutorial for it (don't worry ... it's easy, quick AND fun!!). Check it out!!








Cool, right??? You really SHOULD try this!! Here is what it looks like with one flap open ...








And here it is TOTALLY open!!! I am DEFINITELY gonna be makin' me some more of these!!! Soooooooo fun! And it feels kinda "new" to me, so it will take me a while to get bored with it!

Stamps: Button Buddies, Precious Butterflies
Paper: Rich Regals Patterned Paper, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches, Oval Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Scallop Circle Punch, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Rich Regals Button, Whisper White Baker's Twine

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'm gonna have to try this one. Thanks for the great video! Your card is very pretty and elegant! TFS Hugs, Becky Jo

Valerie A said...

You are so creative. I check your blog all the time. Love the video and this unique card.

jean w. said...

Came here from Gina K designs blog hop and saw a card made with this technique thanks to you...awesome new way of making a card thanks so much...

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Love your card and the video. Can you share the finished dimensions of the card?

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love this Wendy! I just did a quick one with the video. One of my lines apparently wasn't scored straight, but can fix that on the next. This is really cute!

Sandie C said...

Love this card. Thanks heaps for the great video - you have made it look so easy to make.TFS

CreativSpirit said...

Thanks so much for sharing your video with us, I will try this one today, it's such a lovely fold.

Terri said...

Wendy, what an awesome, wicked tut. Thanks for sharing!

Francie G. said...

This is fabulous, Wendy! Can't wait to try this! I enjoyed listening to you as much as you are so happy and enthusiastic. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Andrea said...

Awesome!! Great card - I love your blog and stop by here often (but never comment :( until now.. You've inspired me to join the fan club. Great tutorial - I'm gonna have to try one of these...
Andrea

Pam said...

Best fold I've seen in sooooo long; and it's so easy!! You're a genius!!
What size does the card end up being?
xoxo

Bette said...

Can't believe I actually made a card using the origami fold. Thanks so much for the video, I could not have made it without it. Thanks for sharing!!

vdoyle8 said...

Wendy -- thanks so much for a great tutorial! I made the card tonight - it was WAY easier than it looked. I love it and will definitely make another! I really love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love it. I am always looking for new clever ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Sally S

pescbrico said...

This is a really great tutorial!! Thank you very much :)

Kathynruss said...

Found your cool fold through Jan Tink's blog. Now I know what to make for my stamp club's project in November. Thank you bunches!

Louise Brown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this video with us. I love it. Made one now I have to go and embellish it....
~Louise

Unknown said...

thanks so much for sharing! my club gals are going to love this!

not that you have all kinds of time on your hands, but if you had a category of "fun folds", it would be great to peruse those projects!

thanks again!

Merilee Lane said...

I just love this card! I have a great idea for this one! Thank you so much for sharing.

Merilee
merileelane.blogspot.com

JD/ Jill said...

I just tried this one...great tutorial...thank you so much for sharing.