Monday, August 1, 2011

Double-Up Background Technique

This is the part of summer that I have hit "Crazy Overdrive" ... I will be swimming through it for two more weeks ... and then, HOPEFULLY, life will start returning to some sorta "normal" ... whatever in the heck THAT is!!

This is "Dare to Get Dirty" week over on SCS. FUNFUNFUN!!! Girls from the Dirty Dozen (past and present) are hostessing challenges every day. COOL!!! I am hostessing a challenge on Wednesday, but I volunteered to make a sample for this cool technique shared with us by my dear friend, Jan (as in JanTink ... I'm such a name-dropper, right???). It is MUI-awesome!! Check out her quick little tutorial here:

Jan's Double-Up Background Tutorial

Stamps: Fruit and Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Aida Cloth Background
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Large Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 5/8" Circle Punch, Houndstooth Textured Impressions Folder, Paper Piercing Tool/Mat, Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Grosgrain, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Rich Regals Button, Decorator Label Punch, Scallop Square Bigz Die



Had a WONDERFUL weekend with our church youth group up at Mill Hollow (just above Kamas, Utah). It was beautiful!! The kids were FUN, and the scenery was gorgeous!!

Here is a photo of me and my best friend ... we have been married for over 26 years, and it just gets better and better.





We went on a sunrise hike Saturday morning. Lots of the kids opted to stay in bed and sleep ... but here are the ones that braved the early hour and hiked to watch the sun rise ...



Sooooo worth the effort!!

Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

Liz Shultz said...

Love your cute card Wendy! I need to try that technique...I hope I have a current bg stamp that will work...

Shoshi said...

Lovely photos, Wendy, and a great card. I love the photo of you and your hubby - so nice to hear of a strong happy marriage - my hubby and I celebrated our Silver Wedding in May and I agree it gets better and better - I don't know what I'd do without him!!