Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bring On the Butterflies!!

For many of you, the fact that I have a "thing" about butterflies is no secret. And for those of you who don't really know that ... check out the link on my sidebar to the right (the one that says "for details ....). I just love 'em!!

WIth that in mind, I have a couple of cards to share ... and a sad little story. First off is this crazy spend-way-too-much-time-with a-Stamp-a-Ma-Jig card. Even when I use a 'Jig I can STILL screw it up!! (Those butterflies are DEFINITELY strategically placed so as to hide my GOOFS!!) I seem to also have a "thing" lately for Crumb Cake (aka Kraft) cardstock. It pretty much goes well with EVERYthing!!

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Poppy Parade, Indigo Island, Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Itty Bitty Circle Punch, Rhinestone Stickers, Whisper White Satin/Organza Ribbon, Square Nestabilities, Pop-Up Glue Dots

And this one is an exercise in layers ... I've been seeing a lot of similar types of cards floating around for the past few months ... I REALLY like this idea. In fact, I just may hafta try it again!!

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP
Ink: Perfect Plum
Accessories: MS Double Loops Border Punch, EK Success Diamond Lace and Dotted Wave Edger Punches, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Little Leaves Sizzlets Die, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Pearl Stickers

Smiley from millan.netAnd now ... my sad story. As you can see, I use the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die ... a LOT!! Well, while I (well, actually my daughter) was cutting out some butterflies for the class I did last weekend, the die fell on the floor. Now, mind you, my floor is fully carpeted. Guess what?? The die just plain ol' BROKE!! Right at the hinges!! Do you KNOW how hard it is to use an Embosslits die in a Big Shot when the two sides are not physically connected??? Good thing my daughter was almost done!!

The good news to this story is that I called Stampin' Up on Tuesday and another one should be arriving here today ... YAY!! MORE butterflies!! Smiley from millan.net

Weekend is almost here ... DOUBLE yay!! This has been a long week ... my mom spent about a day and a half in the hospital (no worries, she is back home recovering and resting), which means that I ALSO spent a day and a half in the hospital. Sooo happy that we live close enough together that I am able to help her out when she needs it!!

4 comments:

Judi said...

You did a great job of hiding any mistakes - I love the crumb cake card and will probably have to case that one. Don't get me wrong, the layers cards is great too, but the first one just speaks to me.

xrciznuts said...

I think you should duck tape the hinges. Hang onto the sizzlit for emergency purposes. LOL!
Kim S.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

The first card is amazing, Wendy. I love, love, LOVE it. xo B.

Carol Carriveau said...

Love the first card - love butterflies and the that you put the saying all around the card - and the scoring in the middle...a wonderful card. Also like the colors of the layering card....TFS!
Glad your mom is doing well and that your are geting an new embosslets die.