Friday, March 9, 2012

Big Ol' Butterfly with Summer Smooches!

Smiley from millan.netBeing THE self-professed Butterfly Queen, I knew I HAD to copy this little guy when I saw him. Holy cow!! Isn't this aDORable??

I got the idea via LeeAnn Greff, via Bev Watt, via Kim Score!!! Honestly, I wouldn't know how to do ANYthing crafty if it weren't from the inspiration I receive/ideas I collect from the Genius of others!! Thanks to all who share what they love every day for making me stretch my limits and my "wings" every time I sit down to create!!

I used this card as my sample for today's F4A (Free for All) Challenge over on SCS (for which I am the hostess). The challenge was to incorporate an accordion or "fan" fold somewhere. The background on this is actually made using a Bigz rosette die ... was too lazy to cut out three more pieces to complete the rosette, so I just used one pieces and laid it straight across the card instead of putting four pieces together in a circular fashion. I love how this looks with the new Summer Smoohes DSP!

FINALLY got my mom OUT of the hospital late yesterday afternoon and into the rehab facility (she is actually only a couple of doors away from my mother in law!). I will be able to visit BOTH of these wonderful women in one stop!! What a blessing! So grateful to all of the doctors and nurses who have given/continue to give such loving care to both of them. Hope to have them BOTH out of there and back to their regular selves soon!

Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Basic Black, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Signo White Gel Pen
Accessories: Punches, Rosette Bigz Die, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Summer Smooches Brads, Paper Crimper
Photobucket

7 comments:

xrciznuts said...

LOVE the card! I especially love how you put

"I wouldn't know how to do ANYthing crafty if it weren't from the inspiration I receive/ideas I collect from the Genius of others!! Thanks to all who share what they love every day for making me stretch my limits and my "wings" every time I sit down to create!!"

I completely and totally agree!!!!!

I'm so grateful your mom is out of the hospital! Now for the rehab part. Please give them good luck hugs from me.

HUGS to you too!
Kim Smith

Judy McMullen said...

Love this card, Wendy! I'm a big lover of butterflies too! And I've been participating in a Punch Art card swap so this really caught my eye. I going to share a link to your site with the rest of the Punch Bunch!

I couldn't agree more with your comments about the crafty genius of others and how they inspire you. Well, dear, you are one of those crafty geniuses that inspire me!! So Thank You!!!

Pam said...

What a fun, happy, creative card!! Makes me smile all over!!!

KOstvig said...

Fun Card.. thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Such a cute little buttahfly

Anonymous said...

What a zany butterfly - he/she is all dolled up too! What a happy card you made!

Ilonka said...

wow- this little bug is soooo cut! I would love to do it with chidren.
Best wishes from creativNixe Ilo