Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Freaky Farewell ...

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of the Stampin' Up year. I LOVE that we are going to be working from a new catalog (SOOOO much wonderfulness to look forward to!). But I HATE to have to say goodbye to so many lovely stamps and accessories. You should have just come from the a-MAZ-ing projects done by Patty Bennett ... if you don't have everything you need to make them, act quickly!! The catalog is still good until May 30 ...

Which brings me to my first card. Ahhhhh ... Baroque Motifs. It has long been one of my most favoritist stamp sets (that swirly flourish is DIVINE!!). Combined with the also-retiring Medallion stamp set, ticket corner punch (whimper!), Short & Sweet sentiment and Eyelet Border Punch (double-whimper!), this card is LOADED with things on the Farewell List!! (To help you out, all retiring items are italicized in the descriptions.)

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Medallion, Short & Sweet
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Small Oval Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Linen Thread, Pearl Basics

This card also contains some of my favorites. I have really loved the Ornate Blossom stamp (which is a larger version of an image from "Friends Never Fade - used in the background strip here). Sometimes clean and simple just really gets my attention.

Stamps: Ornate Blossom, Friends Never Fade, Short & Sweet
Paper: Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Demin Ribbon, Pearl Basics

Finally, I made this sweet little pillow box (will also miss seeing THAT die!). How could I do a farewell without a butterfly or two in there SOMEwhere?? What a happy pair!!

Stamps: Butterfly Prints
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Pillow Box Bigz Die, Butterfly Punch, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Flower Brads (Brights), Rhinestone Basics, Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder

Time to move on to the wonderfully-talented Connie Babbert!! FABULOUS!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

LeeAnn Greff said...

Wow - I truly love all three of your projects here. I never did use that single stamp much but I sure regret it now!
I used the Baroque Motifs often myself. Lovely color combo on that one.

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, Wendy, your projects are wonderful! I especially love the Baroque Motif card, so many scrumptious layers and an amazing layout.

Deb said...

They are all beautiful! I love that Baroque Medallion card! It came out gorgeous!

Stef Perry said...

All three are gorgeous projects, so sorry to see so many of the SU "standards" be retired!

Cindy Major said...

Hi, Wendy

Apparently, we are sad to see the same stamps go... I'll miss the Medallion, the flourish from Baroque Motifs and the Ornate Blossom, too.

Wonderful creations you made with them!

Cindy