Monday, October 1, 2012

Christmas-y Swaps!

Smiley from millan.netI was pulling some pictures off my camera yesterday when I saw this one and realized i had never posted this!!This was my Holiday Mini Swap with the Control Freaks ... actually, the one on the right is the "actual" design I came up with. When I underestimated how much of the DSP I was going to need I had to adapt it a bit with the DSP on the left card!! And my daughter, trying to be helpful, cut the sweater trim for me ... but she stretched it a little too much while she was cutting, so the pieces were all a little too short!! Dang!! (And I had NO MORE sweater trim ... AND, since doing these at the 11th hour - none of YOU do that, right?? - I had no choice but to use the pieces that were already cut!!) Sigh ...

Stamps: Make a Mitten, Petite Pairs
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Snow Festival DSP
Ink: Pool Party
Accessories: Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Folder, Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Build a Mitten Punch, Whisper White Sweater Trim, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Ticket Duo Punch, Rhinestone Basics, Simply Scored

Mom was discharged from the hospital late Friday afternoon. So glad that her visit wasn't overly long. Since she was so wiped out while she was there she slept most of the time, anyway (she said the "visit" there was really rather comfortable! What??? I guess sleeping through the whole thing has its advantages!!). Here's hoping that she is cooperative with the Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Home Health Nurses and Aides that are headed her way this week ...
Photobucket

2 comments:

stampinjul said...

"Been there" on the last minute projects and running out of supplies! This is still great! The little sweater trim is cute!

Kitty A. said...

Darling cards! Lots of fun embellishments working so well together. Cute story about swapping. TFS!