Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Raindrops Keep Fallin' ...





... on my head!! I remember LOVING that song when I was a little girl (which totally AGES me, I know!)!! I love the rain! I love walking in it, splashing in the puddles, listening to it hit the roof of our tent when we are camping ... there is something so happy and soothing about the rain ...

Which brings me to today's project!! Oh how HAPPY this was to make!! Not only was this SOOO very easy and NON-TIME-CONSUMING ... it was really inexpensive to make as well ... and FUN!!

I started by perusing my MDS files looking for raindrops and umbrellas (and YES ... I have MANY!)!! I chose the rounded "chubby" raindrops from "Sunshine & Sprinkles" as well as the "curvy" raindrop from "Sweetest Dreams". The cloud is from "Epic Overlays" ...








After importing the images into my eCutter software (aka Silhouette Designer Edition), I copied and resized each of the raindrops LOTS of times. I also resized the cloud so that it would fit well on one of the 8"x10" canvases I had purchased (got a STEAL of a DEAL on those ... they were only $1.50/each at the local "big box craft store").









You could really use ANY designer series paper you had on hand ... I did a lot of mixing and matching until I came up with a combo I liked! (Wouldn't this be oh-so-stinkin' ca-YOOT in a baby's room???)







I adhered the umbrella to the canvas with my Tombo glue adhesive (the "handle" on the umbrella is just a 1/2" strip of Soft Suede that I adhered down and wrapped around the bottom of the canvas clear to the back) ... I also adhered some of the raindrops with Tombo and some of them I adhered with dimensionals. I like the "texture" that this created to give these canvases more depth ...

This could be a FUN class (hmmmm ... should be doing one in the future because this was FUN!! I said that already ... more than once ...)

I am ALSO very happy that I have such sunny and bright walls in my kitchen (shades of yellow make me happy!)! Not bad for a sunny-afternoon project ...

Paper: Etcetera DSP, I Am Me DSP, Soft Suede
Accessories: eCutter (Silhouette), Dimensionals, 8"x10" Art Canvas
MDS Downloads: Sunshine & Sprinkles (raindrop), Sweetest Dreams (raindrop), Epic Overlays (cloud 1 outline)

Thanks for stopping by!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

Tanya said...

This is really cool! Looks like a fun project! :)

xrciznuts said...

LOVE IT! Tell me when and I'll be there!
Kim Smith