Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stamp Review Crew - Six-Sided Sampler Edition


It's time for another go-'round with the Stamp Review Crew!!! This time, we are all playing with Six-Sided Sampler ... I keep forgetting about this darling set!!! Seems to me it has a LOT of versatility (even if you just wanna use one of the little hexagons with a sentiment, you're good to go!)!!

Sooo .... here I am with my MDS/eCutter pair-up again!!! I have been picturing this hexagonally-shaped card in my head for quite some time!! I imported the hexagon punch into my Silhouette software, traced it, copied it, and then moved it down so that the two hexagons were touching. I then "erased" the line that connected the two so that I had one connected double hexagon. Does that make sense??

Then, I copied the hexagon punch once more, traced it and sized it down a little so as to make a "frame" on the front panel of my card. It really is so much easier than it sounds. For those of you who have an eCutter and have been afraid of it, just JUMP right in with BOTH feet!!! You will be glad you did!!

Stamps:  Six-Sided Sampler
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron
Accessories:  Hexagon Punch, Blossom Party Bigz Die, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Postage Stamp Punch, Soft Subtles Buttons, Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim, eCutter (Silhouette)
MDS Downloads:  Hexagon Punch






Here's a peek at the WHOLE set ... just in case you were wondering what-all comes in it!!








Next up? The sensational Shana Graf!! Clicking on the "Previous Blog" link will take ya back to visit Jill Coleman (and she has some crafty brilliance in store for ya, too!).


 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this shaped card, Wendy, especially the way you framed it out! Those sequins set those hexagons off,

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love the hexagon card! And I am in awe of how you use your e-cutter! I guess I better look into getting one - lol!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful, shaped card (I love shaped cards)! The color combo is perfect for spring, and I just love all the details!

Yapha said...

Oh this is fabulous! I love how you made the shaped card. Now I want an e-cutter...

Carol Carriveau said...

WOW...gorgeous!

Paula said...

Very cute, Wendy! Love the shaped card.

Mike said...

WOW! What a great card. Love the fact the card is also hexagon - a a great color palette for Easter!

Betty said...

Just LOVELY! The sequins are such a fun unexpected accent too.

Jill Coleman said...

Great card Wendy. Love all the elements - shape, colors, embellies. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, happy springtime card! Love the fresh color scheme, the shape of the card and the strings of bling. fun!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW as always!! Great card!! AWESOME :) I love the shape to match the stamps.