Monday, August 19, 2019

Folding Fun with the Freaks!



It's FREAKY TIME!!! Weren't you just blown away by Julie Davison??? She is AMAZING!! And I have a true confession to make ... I was a little too slow doing my Holiday Catalog preorder ... and Stampin' Up's office had an Innovation Day last Thursday (when no shipping happens!) ... so I won't actually be getting my new goodies until TOMORROW!! Luckily for me, our theme these month was not only the Holiday Preview, but "Fun Folds" ... so I had to go with the "Foldy" part, but not the "sneak peek" part!  Sorry about that!







This "accordion"-type fold is something I saw last year at OnStage.  I have been meaning to try and make one with my own twist to it ... but you know how THAT goes (translation = I totally forgot about it!)!! As I was looking about the Interwebz for some inspiration, this one came back to me!! It's really VERY easy, and there are a LOT of different directions you can go with it!







When you open the first accordion, you can see your first "message" (or whatever you choose to put in there!)!








The second fold opened up reveals another sentiment and/or image. I added the little bitty flowers from the Doily Wishes Dies, quite honestly because they were sitting on my table and they went along with this whole card just perfectly!




I added this photo only because I wanted y'all to be able to see the full effect of this fold ... it's pretty fun!

Cut paper to 12”x5.5”. Score and fold along lines as shown. TaDAAA!!

Stamps: Capture the Good
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, See a Silhouette DSP
Ink: Poppy Parade
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies, Doily Wishes Dies, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, Perennial Essence Floral Center





I don't even know what to call this little origami square sorta thing ... I just know that I have done it before and I have seen many samples done with it over the years! This one is also very simple, and you can do ANY kind of theme with this and it works!! I freakin' luuuuuurve the gingham pattern from the DSP packs (you know I do ... I've only mentioned it about a GAJILLION times!)!! And butterflies ... they are always a favorite for me, so that's where I chose to go!





The gingham is a 4”x4” square. Mark along each side at 1 1/4”, 2” and 2 3/4”. Draw lines as shown. Fold along lines. Easy peasy!!

Stamps: Butterfly Gala
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Brights DSP
Ink: Black
Accessories: Tufted Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Dies, Butterfly Duo Punch, Leaf Punch, Trio Corner Punch





Next up???  ... Deb Henderson!! She's always coming up with something that costs me money because she does things that I wouldn't have thought of (often with things I didn't thing I NEEDED until seeing what she has done with them!)!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

2 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Love your cards! So bright and cheerful - like you!

tonilea said...

I love that accordion fold card. Do you have directions for it? I have done one like the butterfly before but yours is really nice with the gingham.