Friday, January 20, 2023

TGIF #404 - Birthday Cards Theme Challenge






Sooooo ... most of the cards I create end up with a birthday sentiment or a generic sentiment that can be used as a birthday sentiment. I do this on purpose since I send birthday cards throughout the year to more than 100 family members (I have a BIG extended family!)!  This week's TGIF Challenge is perfect for me since it's all about birthday cards!! 













I set out to make some cards that could be used for ANYone ... and I ended up struggling with color combos ... so I just used a bunch!! There's also a LOT of layering going on with these ... if less is more, then MORE is MORE, right??!??









MANY dies were employed to get to the final product on these ... that's not a BAD thing, is it??

Stamps: Celebrate with Tags, Hand Drawn Dots
Paper: Whisper White, Fresh Freesia, Balmy Blue, Mango Melody, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Dandy Designs DSP
Ink: Versamark, Fresh Freesia, Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green 
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Alphabet A La Mode Dies, 2022-24 In Color Bakers Twine Pack, Whisper White Satin Edged Ribbon (retired), Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Pastel Pearls
 


I've made more cards in the last two weeks than I have in the past SEVERAL months (other than my Christmas cards ... which I STILL need to share here!)! Cleaning one's craft space does WONDERS for one's creativity!
photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

1 comment:

Traci S. said...

These are such cool, unique cards, Wendy! I never in a million years would have thought up these creative combos! And, who doesn't want to use all of their dies? I know I want to get my use out of every one!

Can't wait to see your Christmas cards! I made over 150 this year. Not bad considering we aren't working any more.

I hope you are well! I've been thinking of you a lot lately