Monday, July 15, 2024

Under the Sea!




 
 
Bubbles, bubbles and MORE bubbles! I have been seeing bubbles when looking at the Drizzling Droplets background stamp since the moment I got it! I LOVE the versatility! So I used the Submarine Life stamp set to create this little "under the sea" scene.










I realized AFTER I fussy cut the submarine and its parts and assembled my card I discovered that there was an accompany PUNCH for this set!! DUH!!! (I have since ordered said punch and it is nestled safely in my craft room for use the next time I pull out this cute little submarine! Two shades of blue (Azure Afternoon - my FAVE! and Brilliant Blue) as well as two shades of green (Old Olive and Garden Green) helped add depth and dimension. I also used the So Swirly embossing folder on the card base to add to the "water" effect ... I seem to be using it on most of my cards lately!! 

Adding a few of the blue gems from the Opal Rounds Assortment helped the background pop even more1 Best thing?? I used one of the sketches at the bottom of page 22 in the new Annual Catalog for inspiration in creating this ... WIN/WIN!! If you haven't checked those out, you SHOULD!

Stamps: Submarine Life, Drizzling Droplets
Paper: Basic White, Azure Afternoon, Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Azure Afternoon, Old Olive, Garden Green, Pecan Pie, Versamark
Accessories: Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, So Swirly Embossing Folder, White 3/8" Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon, Oval Rounds Assortment

Can't wait to play with this set again ... and use the PUNCH! (Although I have to admit that I find fussy cutting kinda therapeutic!)!
photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png







No comments: