Sunday, June 8, 2008

Copics & Butterflies

You can always tell when life has been too busy for me when the only cards I post around here are for my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge!! I do NOT want to repeat the past two weeks for anything!! I feel like I've been running around with my pants on FIRE . . . but, enough about ME!!

I got this wonderful Rubbernecker stamp a little while back (Hi-ya Dave!!) and have DYING to drag out my Copics and color it!! I think I used about a zillion different colors on this baby, but I had a good time with it.

I also used my Scor-Pal to create a scored line close to the right-hand side (outside edge). It's kind of hard to see in this photo. I have really enjoyed using my Scor-Pal to create scores as an accent or embellishment (instead of just using it to fold things). It really adds a nice touch.

Stickles are also among my favorite accent embellishments. I used some Crystal Ice Stickles to outline the entire image along all the black lines. It helps to give it that added "pop"!

So, I think this puts me up to card #41 on my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (see sidebar at right for more info). I'm behind, too, as we are entering week #42 and I haven't even thought of a card for that . . . YET!!

I have a few fun Spellbinders projects that I am going to be uploading over the next few days, so stay tuned . . .

Stamps: Rubbernecker Stained Glass Butterfly, Small Script (SU)
Ink: MANY assorted Copics, Ranger Adirondack Pitch Black dye ink
Paper: Summer Sun, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Accessories: Crystal Ice Stickles, Pop-Up Glue Dots, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, large and small oval punches, Scor-Pal

No comments: