Friday, July 12, 2019

Here Come the Elephants!

Oh BABY-BABY!!! These elephants are SOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!!! They just make me happy! And I couldn't think of anything more adorable to use for my grandniece's first birthday! This last year has just WHIZZED by!!

I used the sample photo in this year's catalog as inspiration for this card ... I flipped the orientation and added a few things to make it more my own. Don't ya just LOVE finding something that inspires you in your craftiness??? I know that I do for SURE!!

I cheated a little bit on this and used the now-retired Smoky Slate gingham ... I just couldn't HELP myself because it was the PERFECTO match for this card.  You could actually use the gingham DSP and create the same look.  Cut it about 3/8" and accordion fold it about halfway across.

Stamps: Little Elephant
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate, Neutrals DSP, Vellum
Ink: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies, Elephant Builder Punch, Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon (retired), Corrugated Embossing Folder, Large Numbers Dies (also retired! Sorry guys!)

We are doing a Young Eagles Rally tomorrow with some of our airplane friends. Basically, it's where pilots donate their planes, time and fuel to give free rides to kids between the ages of 8-18. It's fun for the kids, it's fun for the pilots ... and it's even fun for the support crew (of which I am a part!)! I have been making t-shirts to sell for the kids ... so I have spent ALL my "free" time this past week putting those together (I have made 60 of them!)!! Hoping the forecast stays the same and that we will have sunny skies! Have a GREAT weekend!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: