Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy Amazing Birthday, America!

Oh how I LOVE the summer!! Sunshine, barbecues, outdoor activities ... and trips to Bear Lake!!! Lucky for us our "condo week" this month happens to fall on the 4th of July! I love spending time with the family up at the lake ... playing endless rounds of croquet and Settlers of Cataan, swimming in the lake, napping on the beach under an umbrella whilst trying to read a book, sitting in the hottub or swimming pool, getting fresh raspberry shakes. It's one of the best things I am blessed to be able to do with my family every year. And I can't WAIT!

I had the idea for this card swimming around in my head for a week or two. I just KNEW I wanted to do variegated colors in a patriotic theme. I inked up my sponge daubers and tapped them onto the image - Lovely Lipstick at the top edge, Crumb Cake across the middle and Blueberry Bushel across the bottom. And can I say how much I am IN LOVE with the color family packs of Designer Series Paper??? I wish I could have about TEN sheets of each color in the gingham pattern - it's my FAVORITE!!

Stamps: Everything Amazing
Paper: Whisper White, Brights DSP, Neutrals DSP
Ink: Lovely Lipstick, Crumb Cake, Blueberry Bushel, Wink of Stella
Accessories: Stitched Rectangles Dies, Sahara Sand Woven Threads Trim, Trio Corner Punch

Somehow I am going to have to fit a "Stranger Things" Netflix binge-marathon into this weekend as well. I have been waiting for a LOOOOONG time for season three to come out (as have many, MANY of my friends and family members!)! It's going to be a GREAT holiday ... Happy Independence Day, America!!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: