Thursday, June 12, 2008

Apples for Dad

Another Father's Day card (and I have one more to share . . . but not 'til tomorrow!!)

I knew as soon as I saw this stamp set that I HAD to have it!! Our family has a tradition of picking/juicing apples in the fall . . . huge family affair. Everyone loves it. This stamp just seemed to speak to me!!

LSC172 - this was a challenge to get "knotty" - to tie a knot or two in some ribbon and use it on your card. I also incorporated one of my favorite old sketch challenges - SC94 - plus a BUNCH of Copic markers!! Add in some hardware and Cuttlebuggin', and there ya go!!

It's hard to see how this opens from the photograph, but the layers kind of open up . . . the card that you write in is actually the ruby red layer . . .

Stamps: For Father, Sanded
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue, Barely Banana
Ink: Black Adirondack by Ranger, Various Copic Markers, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Cuttlebug Mesh ef, hardware (can't remember who makes it), brown gingham ribbon, paper distressing tool

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bev said...

Lovely apple card Wendy Friendy! :) I really love how your blog turned out!