Friday, June 27, 2008

Limited Supply Challenges and a Secret!!

Okay, I have some fun news!! I am one of the new Limited Supply Challenge (LSC) hostesses on SCS. I am going to be sharing the honors with Jeanne S. and Dawn Mercedes. We will be on a rotating schedule, with the fourth week being done by a "guest" hostess. I am so excited!!

I hosted my first challenge today (Friday). The LSC's are on Fridays. I actually posted mine Thursday night to give people a little bit of a chance to think about it!!

I made two samples and had my daughter, who is 14 (hi Amelia!), make one!! I was a little nervous about getting the whole thing posted and rolling, but it actually went rather smoothly! I posted a challenge called "Brads are NOT the Pits!" where the challenge was to use brads as your ONLY embellishment (no ribbon, hardware or anything else), and to use the brads as part of the image, not an accent to it. LOTS of fun cards were submitted (and continue to be). Super FUN!!

Here is what I did:

The first card was done with Papertrey's "Honey Bees" set. It is soooo darn cute!! I was trying to think of keeping it simple, yet keeping my interest enough to like the finished product.

Stamps: Honey Bees (Papertrey)
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Black
Ink: So Saffron, Basic Black, Cameo Coral, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Large and small oval punches, Pebble Brads (Polo) by MM, paper piercing tool

Example #2 was made with "Fabulous Flowers" by SU. That big ol' polka dot brad just makes me smile!! Kind of a funky color combo, but I like it!! i really wanted to add some ribbon to this card, but I just decided to keep trying to change the layout around to a point where I felt it looked good enough to help us forget the lack of ribbon!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Polka Dots, Print Pattern, Small Script
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Summer Sun
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Pink Polka Dot brad (not sure where it came from!), dimensionals

And HERE is Amelia's card! I am so proud of her!! I thought that this turned out really cute!! She was kind of worried that it looked "Halloween-y" because of the black and orange, but I think it looks great!!

Stamps: It's a Celebration (Papertrey), Groovy Lines
Paper: Basic Black, Only Orange, Green Galore, YoYo Yellow
Ink: Basic Black, Green Galore, YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Taken with Teal
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, small red brads

Now, for some really EXCITING NEWS!! OH WAIT!! I can't tell you!!! I have something REALLY COOL to share with you, but I have to wait 'til some time on SATURDAY, JUNE 28 (which would be TOMORROW) to tell you!!! You'd better come back if you want to know what it is!

No comments: