Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall, Fall, Fall . . .

The air has definitely turned brisk as the seasons have, officially I think, changed from summer to fall. I walked outside yesterday and I could see my breath . . . and it was already 10:00 a.m.!

As I looked at the sketch challenge on SCS yesterday (SC199) I was drawing a blank . . . for a VERY long time. I just couldn't think of what images I wanted to play with and incorporate into it. I must have stared at it and thought about it for at least at hour! When I FINALLY picked this "Fabulous Flower" stamp, the rest just seemed to run away like a freight train!! I think I kind of went overboard with all the different patterns and such. It has grown on me, though, and now I think I like it!! I think the Autumn Vine paper is just LOVELY!! Now, pass the hot chocolate!!

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Hugs & Wishes, Season of Friendship
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Autumn Vine dsp
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard
Accessories: 1" circle punch, button, raffia, 1/4" chocolate chip grosgrain, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, sponge dauber, pop-up glue dots

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Wendy, this is a beautiful card. I adore the button center. (I'm always looking for ways to use the bazillion buttons I have collected). The combination of textures and patterned papers make this a truly awesome creation.

BTW...the lucky pennies are a big hit and I don't think I'll have many to take home with me after work! :) Thanks buddie!