Friday, October 24, 2008

Spooky Butterflies??

Here I come again with ANOTHER butterfly card! Butterflies for Halloween??? You bet!! Especially if you needed a Halloween butterfly card for some crazy, self-imposed challenge!

I was channelling all sorts of sources for this card, which I did for WT189. I got the web idea a couple of years ago from Jeanne S and this card (the whole darn card rocks!):

Jeanne's Card

I did the sunset sky thing as a tribute to Michelle (Zindorf). She does in infinitely better than me, but I like the idea, nonetheless.

And of course, I did a similar layout, turned the other way, last year. So I cased my own self!

It is hard to tell from the photo, but the drippy goo is actually where the front edge of the card ends. The spiders and the saffron piece of cardstock are actually on the inside of the card.

This card also evokes the beginnings of the whole butterfly challenge. It started out with a Ron Weasley card. Remember the quote from the Harry Potter movie (Chamber of Secrets)? "Follow the spiders??? Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?????" So we got both spiders AND butterflies in this one. A goofy Halloween card, to be sure!

Stamps: Arachnophobia Wheel, Best Fiends (sentiment), Butterflies by Stampendous
Paper: Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Lovely Lilac, Night of Navy
Accessories: black twine, large and small oval punches, CM circle cutter, Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch, pop-up glue dots, sponge, brayer

5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awesome card there girl. Hey - in my opinion, butterfies are good anytime of year. Love your layout design and it's one spootacular card for sure.

Katie Cotton said...

love your card. The twine is perfect and i love how you snuck those butterflies in there!

Anonymous said...

Wendy this card is wonderful. Here in AZ we are finally experiencing our version fall...which means we are in the high 80s to low 90s..lol. But because of the cool down the mornings and evenings are wonderful. I have been seeing all kinds of beautiful butterflies fluttering around our neighborhood enjoying all the blooming flowers. So you see here in AZ we do have butterflies for Halloween ;). TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Sandy Knecht said...

Great card. I thought I felt the presence of Michelle. Great job!

Jo said...

Great card, I love the butterfly twist to halloween.