Monday, March 2, 2009

Missing Butterfly . . .

Okay, so here is butterfly #79 that I didn't get a chance to post last week due to all the fun and frenzied stuff I was posting for the TSG release.

I made my own patterned paper (something I LOVE to do) for this one. It turned out a bit more "tropical" than I had envisioned, but I like it anyway! I actually hosted the challenge on SCS last Friday and that is what I challenged people to do . . . make their own designer/patterned paper. I will be sharing those samples with ya tomorrow!!!

I actually had already included this card in the little slideshow on the right, but was pretty sure most of you wouldn't catch it . . . pretty sneaky, eh? My son (Devan - the one who is the recipient of all of the butterfly cards) just informed me in his weekly e-mail that he hasn't received ONE card since moving to his new area in Neuötting (he got there the first week of February and I have sent FOUR cards to him since then!) . . . one actually came back to me 'cause I forgot to put "Germany" on the last line of the address (just resent it on Friday), the middle two cards were sent rather close together in the past week and a half, but the first one I sent around February 7th (or maybe the 10th), so he should DEFINITELY have that one by now!! I hope that they show up!! Cross your fingers for me!!

Stamps: Simple Friendship
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1 3/4" circle punch, key tag punch, black gingham ribbon, pop-up glue dot

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is great-I especially love the butterfly and colors you chose!

XOXO
Sara

Norine said...

love those colors and your design
Hugs
Norine

TN Granny said...

Wendy,
You never cease to amaze me with your creations. You really are one of the best.

God Bless,
Granny - Jeanine
STTF

Jan Castle said...

Great way to use your stamps!!! I really like it...thanks for sharing the idea!
Jan

KraftyKym said...

Definitely worth the wait! As always, Wendy, you've inspired us!! Love the colors you chose and the dsp that you made!!