Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bleach On the Go!

It has been eons and EONS of time since I have used bleach on cardstock (in fact, my bleach was "dead" . . . I tried it on three different colors of cardstock - NADA - which made me realize it had lost its potency! Didn't really realize that bleach could DO that!).

As soon as I saw the color challenge on SCS Tuesday, this overall idea popped into my head. I just wasn't sure whether I wanted to use Soft Suede or Rich Razzleberry . . . so I made one of each! I find it MUI-COOL when then cardstock changes color under the bleached image . . . and I am often surprised as to what color shows up. I had NO idea that Apricot Appeal would come out of Soft Suede (seriously, I almost NEVER-EVER use that color . . . I kinda forgot I had it!). Coolio!!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Apricot Appeal, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Dark chocolate ribbon by PTI, pearl sticker

And this is the one I did with the Rich Razzleberry (which I was pretty sure would turn Pretty in Pink - which it did). I am totally LOVING my new In Colors. And I have recently "rediscovered" Baroque Motifs . . . a truly awesome stamp set!!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Large and small oval punches, scalloped oval punch, dark chocolate satin ribbon (Papertrey), pearl sticker, dimensionals, paper piercing tool/mat, bleach

2 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Hi Wendy, I think the bleaching is a lot of fun...have done it with several strengths on black card stock to get different tones...then used my Twinks to recolor with aqua and mounted the piece on aqua...stunning! Yours is too!

Anonymous said...

I have never done the bleaching thing but may have to try it now. These cards are gorgeous! I really like them. The colors are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa