Monday, August 10, 2009

A Couple of Cards . . . and a Promise!

It has been soooo much fun having Jan here this week. It has also given me an excuse to STAMP every free moment, because, OF COURSE, I don't want her to be bored here since Convention is OVER and she doesn't have to leave until this afternoon!! (Insert BIG smiley face here!!)

I got up early yesterday morning (couldn't sleep, even though I was DOG tired!). When I saw that Joanne (aka SleepyinSeattle) was the Featured Stamper over on SCS I was THRILLED! Her stuff is AMAZING, and she has a freakin' HUGE galery, so I actually made TWO cards, not just one!!

This first one I had SOOO much fun making (and learned a thing or two in the process!). First, I love how Joanne used a zigzag border punch to create the top edge of a fence, so that was the first thing I learned to do. Here is the card box she made that was my inspiration. I just turned it into an actual card:

Joanne's Kraft Picket Fence Box

AND I learned the "faux woodgrain" technique from Joanne as well. How cool is THAT??? And here I thought I already knew everything! Sheesh! I guess that pops THAT bubble in my mind!! HELP! I need CHOCOLATE!! (I have been hanging around that JanTink a little too much this week!)

Stamps: Happy Birthday by Our Daily Bread
Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Going Gray, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: Leaf punch (unknown), small daisy punch (unknown), 1/4" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, EK Success zigzag border punch, brown polka dot organza (May Arts), white gel pen, sponge, glue dots

And here is my second sample. There were two inspirations for this card. First, here is Joanne's:

Joanne's Circles All Around

Which brings me to my second inspiration and my PROMISE . . . I got the idea for the very cool heart cutout from my fellow Control Freak, Cindee Wilkinson. She made the cutest card for our CF swap at Convention. I haven't had a chance to photograph those darn CF Swaps, so you will have to wait . . . 'til TOMORROW . . . to see it (and the rest of the CF Swaps). That is my PROMISE!! Too darn much fun happening here!

Stamps: Jesus by Our Daily Bread
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Whisper White
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Heart (S4-138), trio flower punch, Scor-Pal, gold shimmery organza ribbon, glue dots

I really gotta get some sleep . . . and eat less chocolate (WAIT!! Did I REALLY say that???)!! My backside is gonna get too big if Jan stays here much longer!! I though that I was bad about chocolate, baby!! She has a ready supply on hand which is good . . . or is it bad??? Smiley from millan.net

4 comments:

Grace said...

Oh wow Wendy! These are both super! Joanne does have an awesome gallery!!! Enjoyed your photos of convention too! You have way too much fun gf!!!! I love bubbly people and you bubble!!! Hugs!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are awesome, Wendy!!!

Connie M. said...

These are both so amazing, Wendy! Sounds like you had a great time at convention!! :)

Lorelie Kim said...

Both your ODBD cards are wonderful!! Love the fence and the recessed heart!!