Friday, August 14, 2009

A Couple of Challenge Cards . . .

For some reason (hmmmm . . . let me think . . . maybe girls camp AND SU Convention during the same week??) I seem to be struggling to catch up around here on cards I have made but haven't yet shared. These two are examples of that . . .

This first one was done for WT231 - to use something variegated in your project. I made this card for my DH's 47th birthday this week. Sheesh!! We ARE getting up there in years, aren't we??? (Wish I could say he robbed the cradle, but it really ain't true!!) The only variegated thing I own is this rickrack, so I was glad I was able to incorporate it . . .

Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Paper: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Whisper White, Sarah dsp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cricut Wild Card cartridge, Cuttlebug Happy Birthday, Tiny Bubbles and D'Vine Swirl embossing folders, word window punch, chocolate chip ribbon, variegated rickrack

This one has been done for several weeks! I did it for CC229 waaaayyyy back at the end of July!! Sheesh (again!)!!! I just haven't been able to squeeze it in here 'til now. I'm still not sure what I think about this color combo, but it is always good to try something new and step "outside the box" or comfort zone, eh??

Stamps: Medallion, Polka Dots, Short & Sweet
Paper: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Spellbinders Large Standard Circle and Large Classic Circle (S4-114), 1 1/4" circle punch, large polka dot brad, modern label punch, word window punch, black and white gingham ribbon

Have a super-duper weekend!!

3 comments:

Connie M. said...

You have been a busy little stamper, Wendy! Love all the cards you have done this week! Hope things have slowed down a bit!

Betty Wright said...

These are great, Wendy!!!! Love how you used the ric rac ribbon with the cupcake!!! Love the medallion card, too.

Shari Nelson said...

I like the colors you used here, very pretty!