Friday, February 4, 2011

A LITTLE Color ...

Wowza ... been trying to get my act together since returning from sunny Southern Cal and CHA. Seems it takes oh-so-much longer to get your schedule back on track when you leave it alone for a few days .... SHEESH!

It was my turn as hostess of the Free for All challenge on SCS today. I chose to go with what I am callin' "Almost Monochromatic." The rules were to use (1) white or vanilla cardstock, (2) AND one neutral color of cardstock, (3) AND one other color of cardstock AND (4) to stamps ALL images/sentiments/backgrounds in the same color.

I didn't realize 'til I was posting this challenge that I actually kinda cheated ... I have just a TINY hint of some Early Espresso cardstock behind the butterfly image ... I just couldn't help myself, I guess!! Well, the rules are more like "guidelines" anyway, right?? (Kinda like the Pirate Code, right???)

Stamps: Nature Walk, Occasional Quotes
Paper: Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Corner Rounder Punch, Pop-Up Glue Dots

This was my second sample (and there isn't ANY cheating going on here!)! Love this little easter set in the new Occasions Mini for SU ... it's TOTALLY makin' me LOOOONNNNGG for some Spring here, people!! Get us up outta the single digits at least!!

Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: 2 3/3" Scallop Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Buttons Embosslits Die, Linen Thread, Paper Piercing Tool/Mat, Linen Thread

I'm totally planning on playing with my Cricut Cake machine this weekend. If I make something presentable here I'll post some pix for ya!!

Enjoy your weekend!! Since the groundhog DIDN'T see his shadow last Wednesday, I'm just DREAMIN' about that summer sunbun!! Smiley from millan.net

8 comments:

Glenda said...

GORGEOUS!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it, Wendy! I'm putting in my faves!

Dame Nina said...

I love it. This set is so versatile it works with lotsa color or just all one color. I've saved so many photos using the set, I'm gonna have to set up a separate folder to hold 'em all. Thanks for a really gorgeous card.

Cheryl said...

These are awesome. I love them! I am so lucky I actually have the real card in my hand for my very own. Thanks!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love both of these cards. They are awesome.

Pam said...

Beautiful cards, Wendy!!! Layering, textures & stamping....my fav's!!

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy~

I know what you mean about getting back into the swing of things when you've been away. You made some gorgeous cards, though! I love the little girl card. Can you show a photo of it straight on? I am trying to see how you set the circle in a scalloped area. It is such a wonderful card. The little girl is adorable!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next, my friend!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Joni Kelly said...

One of my SU customers turned me on to your site and the work you did with the rose and lilies. (Which actually remind me a lot of the gardenias in my garden.) Anyhow I started looking at your other work and came across these two cards. Since it's too late to use the little girl I think I'll just use the blossoms and case your lovely Easter card. Thanks for sharing!!!