Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Bargello

After you have been making cards for a while you kinda get into a groove ... find your own style You get to a point where you feel like you've "been there/done that" ... which has been happening to me a LOT lately!! It is only once in a blue moon that i see something that is "new" to me, or that I think is super cool and fun. That is how this bargello technique has been for me. I've seen a lot of "quilted" backgrounds done in a lot of different ways, but I love the uniqueness of this technique, and how easy it really is to do.

Here is a link to a tutorial done by Joan Ervin over on SCS. Totally LOVE it!!

Joan's Bargello Tutorial

Ii actually did this as a sample to teach my Stamp Club ladies. It looks like it's going to be tricky, which can be overwhelming. My friends were glad to see that it was also easy to do. Gotta love THAT!

By the way, Mother Nature is messing with my psyche ... I was admiring the pansies, daffodils and hyacinths that have been making their way out this past week. Then ... BAM!! I woke up yesterday morning to this view out my front door ... while I'll have to admit that snow IS purdy, I am reaaaallllllyyyy getting ready for something new, aren't you??? ('cept if you are in the southern hemisphere, then you are just coming in to winter!!)Smiley from millan.net

Off to start a new day ... enjoy your Monday everyone!!

Stamps: Punch Bunch
Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Play Date dsp (retired)
Ink: Early Espresso, Real Red, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folders, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Large and Small Tag Punches, Pop-Up Glue Dots

1 comment:

Kim P said...

Great card Wendy...I have yet to try that technique...it does intimidate me! ;-)

Hope that snow does not make it here!