Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Lighthouse for a Birthday ...

I haven't done a sketch challenge over on SCS in, like, forEVER!! And I cheated on this one ... a little ... I just was not feeling it totally, so I just kinda fudged the red panel ... hmmm....

I have also decided that my stamp collection is significantly lacking in the "dude" stamp area ... I just don't have that many guy stamps! Sixty zillions stamps and only a handful of them are suitable for "dude" cards ... sigh ... which means I'm gonna hafta start investing in some ... which means I may hafta revamp my space some more to make 'em fit!!!

Stamps: Light of the World by Our Daily Bread, Perfect Punches, Print Pattern
Paper: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Wide Oval Punch, Hemp, Corduroy Button, Pop-Up Glue Dots

6 comments:

Dame Nina said...

Dude cards are a challenge for me as well. I've been playing with Plane and Simple for two days now and nothing seems to work. Maybe I'll use your background (I like it a lot) and put the plane in. Can't wait to get the sailing ship in the new mini. Surely that's a Dude card waiting to happen!! Nina

Bev Gomez said...

Wendy your card is wonderful! I love it! TFS!!!! Bev

Debbie D said...

I'm with you on the lack of "dude" card making stuff. This card is fabulous! I always appreciate a good guy sample ~ they're hard to come by. I with Nina too & may have to use this design with the Plane & Simple set! TFS!!!
Debbie

Diana E. said...

Love this card..Plus the "Sixty Zillion stamps"....know what you mean !!!! Thanks for sharing.

Jayne said...

This is such a nice card! Thanks for sharing :o)

Pam said...

Love this one!! With 7 brothers, I'm always looking for guy cards...and there aren't too many manly stamps (compared to floral, kids, etc.)... & it's so hard to leave ribbon off a card!!! Ugh!!