Sunday, February 12, 2012

Believing in Miracles ...

Sooo much has happened in my corner of the universe this week. Not quite sure where to begin ...

First of all, here is a card I made for my cousin's birthday. Masculine cards ... sigh ... you KNOW how we all struggle with those!! (Well, maybe not ALL y'all ... but they are a brain blocker for me FOR SURE!!) Was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest (LOVELOVELOVE that site!), so this is what I came up with!! Lots of square punches were dragged out of the depths of my drawer for this one ...

Stamps: You're My Type
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Nautical Expedition (retired)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Stripes Textured Impressions Folder, Silver Brads, Neutrals (Basic Black) Button, Whisper White Baker's Twine, 1 3/8" Square Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1" Square Punch, 3/4" Square Punch, Word Window Punch

Second ... my Computer Geeky Dude (aka Brian Allred) RETRIEVED MY LOST DATA from my now-defunct hard drive!! The Dude is a Freakin' JEENYUS!!! I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!! Soooo happy that there are people out there who know how to do this kinda stuff ... if you need help, I would definitely get in touch with him:

In Home Answers

And if he can't retrieve anything you've lost (not counting your car keys or the dog!), Smiley from millan.net the home office in California and CAN find it!!

Data Recovery Services

Love it ...

On a more personal note ... my dear, sweet mother-in-law took a terrible spill down her stairs earlier in the week. She is hospitalized with a broken eye socket, fractured vertebrae (in her neck), shattered humerus (which required surgery and a LOT of pins), and a crack in her pelvis. Sooo glad it wasn't worse (I know what you are thinking, but if you had seen her after we found her and all, it is a miracle she is still here ... angels on her shoulder for sure!!) Smiley from millan.net Sooo grateful for so much family ... everyone is taking hospital shifts. It's sooo nice to have so much support.

And when it rains, it pours ... my own kind and wonderful mother is headed to the hospital tomorrow ... they need to replace her single-lead pacemaker (put in last October) with a double-lead one. Seems her heart is not happy with the pacemaker she has ... her feet are HUGE and her kidneys are NOT liking the water pills! Congestive Heart Failure ... it's gonna be a long week! But, as I said before, I DO believe in miracles, and know that the power of prayer and the love of family will help us get through it all.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Wendy - this is a wonderful card that I am for sure going to have to case - don't you just love Pinterest? I know that I sure do. I'll be keeping your MIL and mom in my thoughts and prayers for speedy recoveries.

Unknown said...

first off - the card is super. second i am so soory for your MIL and mom. i will keep them in my thoughts and hope for good outcomes!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hi Wendy girl! I stopped by to admire your cool, artsy card, but now I'm going to send some prayers for both of your moms! Hugs and blessings, Angie

AnitaR said...

Love your card and wish your mother and mother-in-law the very best. Sounds like they'll be surrounded by loving family and hopefully, loving caregivers.

xrciznuts said...

Sending big bear hugs your way! Do you feel them? Or do I need to come give them to you for real? Give an extra hug to your MIL and mom from me too. Hang in there.
Kim Smith

Pam said...

An absolutely amen to that Wendy!!!
I'll be praying for your family and their care-takers.
I love your card, too. So unique!! Never seen anything like it and.... I like it, I really like it!!

Terry Molineux said...

Wendy my thoughts and prayers are with you for both MOM's for speedy recoveries and for you the strength to get through this.

BTW love love the card!

Inky Hugs,
Terry~

Pinky Roth said...

Wendy, my prayers will be you this week for your mom and your MIL. Keep your faith during your trials and yes, I do believe in miracles also.

Pat Smith said...

Cute cute cute card!! and BIG hugs and prayers to you and all yours -- for healing and patience!

Bev said...

Wendy, I love this idea with the squares. Wonderful!

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy~

I will be praying for your Mom and MIL until they are out of these situations. I am also praying for the family members...including you, Sweetie. You can't do everything yourself. I pray that the Great Physician will heal them with just the speaking of a Word, and that He will also guide the doctors, nurses and everyone who comes into contact with them to work smoothly...like a conductor leading a symphony. I pray that everything will be fine. Do you want me to list it for the He IS Able guests to pray over, and Joan the Prayer Team Leader? I will be happy to do so.

BTW, your card is awesome! It reminds me of all of those Zen necklaces that are out now. They are all squares and rectangles, and it changes the general shape as they move. You my dear, CAN create awesome masculine card. It's just not as fun maybe?

I'm here for you, call any time. ANY time.

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Win 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Had to pop in and say how much I love this card!! Absolutely fabulous!!

Best wishes to your mom and mom-in-law. Hope both recover very soon.

--Doris