Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!!

Wouldn't today be the COOLEST day to have a birthday??? Seriously ... it would take you FOREVER to get old!! (Although, that would ALSO mean that you would be a teenager for a very, VERY long time!!) In all actuality, my dear friend, Kim Smith is having a birthday today and she hasn't EVEN reached her teens "officially" ... yet ... Happy Birthday, Girl!!

Learned to make these little paper-punch flowers from my cute friend, Emilee, during a shoebox swap we did at Convention last summer ... aren't they fun??? They are made from four scallop circles fiolded into fourths and placed on a large glue dot with the tips of the folded pieces touching in the center ... kapisch?? (That word just makes me smile ... my Dad used to use it all the time!)

Stamps: Elements of Style
Paper: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Night of Navy Patterned DSP
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Whisper White Satin/Organza Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Polka Dot Brads (retired)

My mother-in-law tells me that the physical therapists have introduced "pain" into her daily exercises ... a fact that she laments, but also relishes because she knows she is healing. Her stamina and optimism amaze me ...

My mom is struggling to maintain a decent blood pressure ... she is having a hard time being weaned off of the dopamine that is keeping her pressure up. Her sense of humor is still intact, though ... while we were watching a little tv the other night, a news promo came on touting the upcoming Republican primary elections in Michigan. I asked my mom what she thought about them ... she said, "Who?" I said, "Romney and Santorum ... the guys running for the Republican side." A dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, my mom responded quickly and without skipping a beat, "I don't think they should have ANYbody running on the Republican side!" 'Nuf said ... Smiley from millan.net

And I am heading into outpatient surgery this morning at 6:00 a.m. to cheer up my cranky foot ... (as if my life didn't have ENOUGH drama/hospitals at the moment!). I will get a day or two "off" from my crazy schedule of running back and forth to visit my mom, run errands and trying to squeeze a little work in there somewhere (good thing we are self employed!). I am sooo blessed that my big brother, Kenny, arrived from Colorado Springs last night to help out with my mom ... the extremes I go to in order to get some R&R ... Sheesh!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

vdoyle8 said...

Wendy - when I read your recent posts, my head just spins. I do think God sent this surgery to get you OFF your feet for a couple of days! Holy cow - in our house we say things like that are God's way of smacking us upside the head!
I would love to send you a card if you are comfortable enough to email me your address (if not, I totally get that). Regardless, love your card, as usual. And I hope you and all heal quickly!
Vdoyle8@yahoo.com
Vicki - Rochester NY

BeverlyBL said...

Love your cute, little card. It's not like you don't have enough going on. Good luck with your foot. I wish you no pain.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, girl, you have your plate overflowing with major life events! Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery with your foot! Love the card...the colors and the cool flowers! Going to have to try that technique.

xrciznuts said...

Thank you Wendy for your fun birthday wishes! It was my real 13th birthday. I finally hit my teens. LOL! I love my bday. I will have to hit 160 years old to get to my real 40th bday. LOL! Love it! Text me if you need anything and I'll drop and run for you. Just say the word. Get better soon. Hugs!
Kim Smith