Monday, February 6, 2012

CrrrrrASH!!!

The sound of a hard drive dying ... okay, well maybe not LITERALLY! But, on Friday as I was sitting listening to a book on my computer while I was prepping for my Saturday morning class, the computer just plain ol' STOPPED!! No warning ... no NOTHING!! It just quit! I called my neighbor and friend, who just happens to be a Mac GENIUS (he has literally worked at the Genius Bar in the Apple Store). He advised me to RUN with it to the store before they closed. Which I did ...

Smiley from millan.netSadly, they had no more "Genius" dudes who were still available to help me (it was after 8:00 p.m.). So, I left the computer with them and skulked back home. Sniff, sniff, sniff ...

Went back on Saturday to find out that not even the GENIUS DUDES could resurrect life into my now-defunct hard drive. Could not even get their arsenal of tools to even RECOGNIZE the thing!! AAaaaaack!!!! Good news? I did a Time Machine backup of my hard drive on December 22 ... Bad news? That means all of my photos and documents since then ... Christmas, New Year's, CHA AND all the stuff that Jan and I have been doing for our Digital Scrapbooking Club ... are gone. Toast. Extinct. Needless to say, I am sick about it!! I do have a connection with a Data Retrieval Dude (so glad I know so many geeky Dudes!). He is going to take a look at the hard drive today to see if he can get it to produce a pulse ... sigh ... he is betting he can get something off of it, but it's probably gonna cost me MEGA bucks ... sigh ...

Which brings me to this card. Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with my crashed hard drive. But I DO like the little punched flowers in the bouquet ... at least THEY are adding a little bright spot to an otherwise DARK weekend!!

Stamps: Precious Butterflies
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Paper Crimper, Black Polka Dot Ribbon, Dimensionals, Pearl Basics (colored with a Daffodil Delight marker)
Photobucket

9 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I feel your pain on the loss of your computer!!! I do hope that you can get back some of that lost and precious data. I'm running a full back-up on mine ASAP! LOVE your card with the contrast of the black and white and the colored pearls.

vdoyle8 said...

OH NO! I am so sorry about your computer! The photos alone would just break my heart - but all the time and effort in your work - acckkkk! Hope the Retrieval Dude has good luck. Keep us posted.
Love your card but then again, I love all your cards.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a beautiful card - everything about it is perfection! The colors are lovely! I am sorry to read about your computer crisis and hope you are able to retrieve your lost files! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

KVencel said...

So very sorry for your loss. A computer is such an integral part of our lives nowadays it's like losing a bestfriend. BUT----your card is beautiful! ! Your creativity is not lost with your dearly departed! The spark still lives! YIPPEE!

Jan Castle said...

Prayerful Hugs coming your way! Can't imagine the sadness...we all are so dependent on our computers! Your card is beautiful and I hope it cheers you up to know how it cheered me up!
Paper Hugs,
Jan
P.S. So hoped to meet you in person at CHA...I was working in the Cheery Lynn Designs booth - I did look for you - so sorry I missed you Wendy!

Carol Carriveau said...

So very sorry to hear of your hard drive crashing....ugly sound! Fingers and toes are crossed for retrieval of all of your projects, pics, MDS, etc. And that it won't cost you and arm and a leg! LOVE your card....it's is beautiful and can be used for many occassions. Best of luck and thanks for sharing!

Terry said...

Just found your blog and love all your work - very creative! Like this card and the colors, so pretty! The center, of the bunch of flowers, looks like it is popped up or is that just an illusion? Either way, very pretty.

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy~

I just love this card! Which punch is it that actually punches the individual little flowers?

Love the paper you used! The black stripes really make it pop! The polka dotted ribbon is fabulous. I love this card!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Win 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wendy - having had several hard drives crash, I learned to backup! Look into Carbonite.com to see if it is something you would like to try. After my last crash, I restored everything from their website.