Friday, February 24, 2012

Hello Kitty!

In between running to and fro the past couple of weeks I have actually been able to squeeze in a card or two ... and this is one. I'm still without my computer, too ... sigh ... I should have it back by Saturday and then I won't hafta "steal" the computer from work to do what I need (such a good thing we are self employed, so I can actually get away with it!!)

I made this for my little cousin, Emma. I made her a Hello Kitty card last year for her birthday and she loved it so much that I decided to do another ... AND I used it for the sample for the F4A Challenge over on SCS since it was my turn to be hostess. I called the challenge "Cards With Character" ... the basic idea was to add something that could smile at ya to your card ... a critter, a person ... whatever fits!!

Stamps: Party This Way
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Peach Parfait, Nursery Nest DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings, Designer Label Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder,Whisper White Satin Organza Ribbon, Dew Drops

A bit of an update ... my mother in law continues to make daily progress. She has such a wonderful, sunny outlook. Though her injuries are severe and her recovery is going to be long, we are all confident that she is going to heal and get back to her usual self.

My mom is on day 12 of being in the hospital. She has had two surgeries and another one scheduled. We are hopeful that this last surgery is going to restore her to health and that she will be on the road to recovery. Thanks again for all of your happy thoughts and notes of encouragement ... they help soooo soooo much!
Photobucket

1 comment:

vdoyle8 said...

Darling card! I will say a prayer for you and your family. You must be constantly running, with two moms who need attention. Take care of yourself!