Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Freakin' Springtastic!


From Millan.NetOh how I LOVE the Spring!! And it seems this year that winter has been going on FOR-EV-ER!! It's trying-trying-trying to warm up around here ... I hope it sticks sometime SOON! If you've been hopping around the tour, you would have just seen Patty Bennett's wonderful spring-y projects. She NEVER disappoints!


First of all ... NOTHING says spring to me more than tulips!! I absolutely ADORE them!! This card just kinda fell out of my fingertips ... as soon as I thought of tulips, this kinda just came to mind (this only happens to me ONCE in a while ... so I guess I'm gonna hafta wait for a while for it to happen again!!)!

Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Read, Gumball Green, Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing folder, Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Small Heart Punch, Dimensionals

AMENDED FOR TULIP INSTRUCTIONS: OKAY, OKAY ... since I have been emailed, messaged and sent requests on the tulips, here's how ya do it!! I used the heart-shaped punch from the Bitty Punch Pack … then cut each heart down the middle (you will need three heart "halves" to make one tulip). The heart half on the top got trimmed just a tiny bit to round the edge that was originally the top center of the heart. That's pretty much it! The stems were just strips I cut, and the leaves were from the large oval punch. Cut the punch out; then re-insert the piece you just cut back into the punch and slide the edge just a little so that all you ended up punching is just a little bit from the side of the oval … does that make sense? Not hard at ALL!! It really took me very little time! Go make some tulips!!

And every once in a while I "CASE" myself ... this is a re-vamp of a card I did quite some time ago (I can't remember it exactly, but it kinda popped into my head when I was thinking about Spring). It's kinda fun to use Crystal Effects to "pop" images up. I just have a hard time being patient enough to wait for it to "harden" ...

Stamps: Field Flowers, Wonderful Words
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: Postage Stamp Punch, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Pearl Basics, Linen Thread

Now, it's time to hop on over to the super-fantastic Connie Babbert!! Check it out!!

 photo blogsignatureSPRING2013_zpsac1608f2.png

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards a re beautiful but I love the tulips! So clever! :-)

Cindy said...

Oh my word, that tulip card is uh-MAZing! I wish that kind of genius would fall out of my fingers. ;-) That is definitely going to be CASEd. My daughter loves tulips and polka dots!

And I love the Melon Mambo/Pumpkin Pie combo on the second card. Never woulda thunk of it myself.

Cindy Beach said...

So very pretty! Those tulips make me smile BIG time!

Julie Davison said...

WOW!!!!! Gorgeous tulips! I'm trying to figure out how you made them!

Connie Babbert said...

I ADORE those tulips!!!! They really jump out and say SPRING!

Yvette Ashe said...

Wickedly Wonderful creations as always, Wendy! :) Love the tulip card especially!

Theresa said...

I love your cards! The tulip one has been saved to a favorites folder of mine to be CASEd in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Paula Reid said...

What beautiful cards. I really love the 'Tulip' card. TFS

TexasGramma said...

Love both the cards, but please do tell us how to make the tulips!

Patti MacLeith said...

Okay, how did you make those GORgeous tulips!! Wonderful!

Beth Adams said...

Stunning!

Donna said...

This is so beautiful! I love tulips and these will definitely be CASED by me!

Thank you for sharing. So so pretty!

Lisa Martz said...

LLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEE the tulip card! I want to make one! Love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tulips. Makes me feel happy and want to smile.

slbt17 said...

lovely card - thanks for sharing the tulips!
Sandra ltb