Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little This 'N That ... in MDS!

From Millan.NetWith the weather being as fr-fr-FREEZING as it has been, I have REALLY been enjoying being able to take my laptop with me so that I can snuggle under the electric blanket whilst I create (the best of BOTH worlds, right??). It actually seems to be warming up just a tad (if you can call the mid- to upper-thirties "warm" ... which I know a LOT of you CAN!)!! I have a feeling we are NOT done seeing the teens (or even LOWER) ... winter seems to be messing with us!!!

Here's a layout I did if our most recent Sister's Lunch. This is a tradition that goes back for over 20 years. My mom and her sisters started going to lunch with each other the Saturday before Thanksgiving to celebrate everyone's birthday all at once ... and over the years it has morphed into a big ol' lunch party with all the daughters, granddaughters and GREAT granddaughters as well. This year our numbers were a little lower (darn those college students!)!! But this is what I came up with ...

MDS Supplies:
Stamps - Family Reunion (Sister), Big Bold Birthday (Heart); Paper - Hello There (5, 6, 8, 9 & 12); Embellishments - In Color DigiTape (recolored Daffodil Delight), Outdoor Exploration Washi Tape (recolored Calypso Coral), Shaped Clips (Arrow - Recolored Calypso Coral), Wild About You (Hearts); Fonts - Bremen Bd Bt (Lunch), Blackoak Std (2013).

And this one just makes my heart happy ... it's my daughter and her BFF. Her BFF feels like a daughter to me as well! LOVE that girl! She is currently in the Philippines serving a mission for the LDS Church. Thank heavens for weekly emails!!!

MDS Supplies:
Stamps - Epic Overlays (Oh Snap!), Thoughtful Overlays (friends), Family Fun Photobook (best times); Paper - This and That Epic Day; Embellishments - More Candid Frames (instant 2 - recolored Basic Gray), Family Fun Photobook (stitching 5; bow), This and That Epic Day (camera), Circle Punch, Flag Punch; Font - Nanum Pen Script.

From Millan.NetIt's Monday, so I'm OFF to the RACES!!
 photo blogFALL2013signature_zps52ff99ee.png

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Cute page and that is an awesome way to celebrate everyone at one time! Its nice to have these annual traditions to look forward too! Great page!

Patricia said...

Wonderful page, Wendy and what a wonderful way to celebrate birthdays with your family. A lovely tradition.