Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Just Because I CAN!

I got home from work last night, found something to eat and then settled back to watch some Netflix (after the last couple of weeks, I was SOOOOOO in need of a "decompress" kinda night). Then it hit me ... I have NEW stamps and a CLEAN craft room ... and NOWHERE ELSE I have to be!!! When does this happen???? Like EVER???? So I did what any good crafty person would do ... I picked up my iPad and headed down to ye ole craft room and made a card!!! Look at me GO!!! Hahaha ... I need to do this more often!

Playing with new things is FUN! (DUH??!??) I hadn't intended on making a "baby" card per se ... but when all was said and done, that is what I ended up with! I am LOVING the cute little Twinkle Building punch (even the NAME of it is ADORBS!)! A moon and some stars ... simple and amazing! Stars just make me happy. And this DSP???? A-MAZ-ING!!! It's SOOOOOOO pretty!! This Night of Navy background with the little stars on it was ALMOST too pretty to cut into ... ALMOST!!! It is my favorite pattern in this particular pack of paper, so I just went for it!!!

Stamps: Little Twinkle
Paper: Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Crushed Curry, Vellum, Twinkle Twinkle DSP,  Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Ink:  Balmy Blue
Accessories: Twinkle Builder Punch, Stitched Labels Framelits Dies, Stitched Framelits Dies, Maps Etc. Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Silver Ribbon

So ... back to what I posted yesterday (was that just yesterday??). I have had an idea in my head FOREVER as a gift for my hubby. He does SO much for everyone else and ALWAYS puts himself last. I have to DRAG him to do things for himself sometimes!! Anywho ... many of you already know that he has his private pilot's license AND built his own plane (an experimental ... and RV-9A to be exact). It is stored in a hangar out at a tiny little airport in North Salt Lake. Hangars are HUGE, people!! The walls are wide and HIGH ... and up until this weekend the walls at the hangar were EMPTY!!

We have been collecting aviation "stuff" for quite a while. I have been wanting to hang it up in some sorta collage for a very long time. And now I have COMPLETED it!! I couldn't be happier with the results ... and my hubby could NOT have been MORE surprised for his birthday last Sunday!!! He had NO clue what I was up to ... but by Sunday morning he was going a little crazy as he figured I was doing SOMEthing!!! He just had no idea WHAT!!! Don't ya just LOVE when you have an idea and it turns out even BETTER than you imagined it??? It was exhausting but VERY worth it!

I have NO other blogs to link you to today (weird, isn't it??)!! I crafted because I COULD ... and it was FUN ... and it was GOOD ... and all is right with the world!

 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

1 comment:

MarvA1ix said...

Love the cards, but loved your story about your husband and aviation so much. First, I have a daughter who went to aviation camp in high school and had great ambitions to fly, until she met a guy, who became her husband, and she just couldn't leave him to go off to college.
I had two uncles who were pilots, built their own planes, and I remember flying with them when I was a kid. What a thrill! When my uncle passed away recently, he had an glider kit in the garage he never got around to building, and my aunt donated it to a local high school with an aviation club. They were thrilled to think they could built this plane, and eventually fly it. Pretty thrilling for some inner city kids. I know your husband will love your gift, and I loved it, too. Great collage.