Friday, May 17, 2019

Flowers for Mom

I think daisies and lilacs are my most favorite flowers. The smell of lilacs just sends me back to my childhood (we had oodles of them in our backyard!)! Plus ... they just smell DIVINE, don't they??? And daisies?? Well dang, friends!! Daisies just make me plain ol' happy! Which is what inspired me to make these cards for my mama and mother in law for Mother's Day.

True confession ... I haven't used a non-Stampin' Up set of ANYthing to make a card in, like ... FOREVER!! My bestie, Cheryl, made a card with this set from Simon Says called Folk Dance (and I didn't actually use the stamps from the set, just the background and sentiment dies). I also realized that I NEEEED to buy me the large (and small - as soon as it is released in June) Daisy punches from Stampin' Up. I resorted to cutting these daisies out with my Cricut (to the rescue!!)! The paper, inks and flower center embellishments are all from my Stampin' Up stash!


Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Petal Pink, Mango Melody, So Saffron
Accessories: Simon Says Folk Dance Dies, Cricut Daisy, Classic Label Punch, Perennial Essence Floral Centers

Same card, different color scheme. I honestly had these creations in my head before I started ... and they came out as nicely as I had them pictured. That almost NEVER happens!!

Stamps: Itty Bitty Greetings
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Mango Melody, So Saffron
Accessories: Simon Says Folk Dance Dies, Cricut Daisy, Classic Label Punch, Perennial Essence Floral Centers

TOMORROW is the Ogden Half Marathon for me!!! The weather forecast is showing some rain, so I am gonna carb up tonight and bring all my wet weather gear for tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: